The 20th Anniversary Edition of Ayreon - 'Into The Electric Castle' including a 5.1 DD DVD-V out for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, a little pricey - about $80 at the current exchange rate, including shipping (to the US). I'm guessing it'll eventually be available stateside for a little better price and cheaper shipping options. Also just says "DVD with 5.1" no mention of format - most likely DD based off prior releases.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. Thanks Jan!

Oh hell I've got a couple of glitches at 1:20:14 (right rear), and at 1:21:46 (left rear) a burst of static, anyone else? or is it just me?

Edit, I've tried it on both my players now, it's the same on both.

Another Edit: If anyone else has the same glitch at 2:38 and 4:09 on track 13 'The Mirror Maze' please let me know, I am in touch with Arjen and Brett at tower studio who Mastered it.

Last edited:
Oh hell I've got a couple of glitches at 1:20:14 (right rear), and at 1:21:46 (left rear) a burst of static, anyone else? or is it just me?

Edit, I've tried it on both my players now, it's the same on both.

Another Edit: If anyone else has the same glitch at 2:38 and 4:09 on track 13 'The Mirror Maze' please let me know, I am in touch with Arjen and Brett at tower studio who Mastered it.

Has anyone else received theirs yet? and can confirm the glitches that I have described.

I recieved mine today and can sadly confirm that my copy have the same glitches :cry:

It seems likely that they are all the same, I messaged Ayreon about it on Facebook as soon as I discovered it, and Arjen Lucassen himself answered, he put me on to a guy called Brett who's company Tower Studios, mastered it, he says everything was fine when they left him. Arjen told me that they where unlikely to do another run, so it seems as though we are stuck with them as they are, 2 seconds of static, makes you jump though doesn't it?
It is a shame because the whole thing is a cracking effort and I feel sorry for Arjen after all the time and effort he's put in.

Back