The 20th Anniversary Edition of Ayreon - 'Into The Electric Castle' including a 5.1 DD DVD-V out for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those state side, importCDs has this for $36, probably close to $40 after shipping. Now that ain't too bad of a price.

I know I really enjoy The Source in 5.1

Thanks for the tip, I ordered it .. mistakes and all.
And This Was
And Meltdown
And for good measure Clutching At Straws from Marillion

damn, expensive year for good music.

It seems likely that they are all the same, I messaged Ayreon about it on Facebook as soon as I discovered it, and Arjen Lucassen himself answered, he put me on to a guy called Brett who's company Tower Studios, mastered it, he says everything was fine when they left him. Arjen told me that they where unlikely to do another run, so it seems as though we are stuck with them as they are, 2 seconds of static, makes you jump though doesn't it?
It is a shame because the whole thing is a cracking effort and I feel sorry for Arjen after all the time and effort he's put in.

I wonder out of a bad thing if Arjen would at all be open to giving access to the original files that did not have the STATIC pops? Or better yet let us buy the files lossless as wouldn't this even sound that much better than the DD. I know his mixing is awesome as I have all his other stuff in DD and I keep thinking man this stuff would have a bit more punch and clarity if we could actually hear them in lossless.

Rob Reed originally did his own stuff in DD and then we got him in touch with Neil Wilkes and wow his stuff definitely sounds better in lossless compared to the DD as I have done some comparisons. I know Rob Reed does some in DTS 24/96 which is not totally lossless but way better than what he started with.

Received my copy today, Jan - and it's excellent!!

I'm sure you put the idea in Arjen's head about releasing this album in surround - when you earlier e-mailed him about it!!

Wouldn't that be nice :LB, just listening to it now and it sounds great indeed 😊

Last edited:
I haven't ordered this yet, but what I have listened to so far with regards to the remix has been sensational! Sounds more ambient too. A shame about that glitch though. Haven't come round to it yet so to the previous poster who made the fix - I think I'll take you up on your offer... [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Just seen on Facebook that the label are going to replace the defective discs:

Ayreon and Mascot Label Group are sorry to inform you that some of the DVD discs featured in the Into The Electric Castle earbook have slight glitches in the 5.1 audio part.
We would like to make you aware that due to this issue we are currently pressing additional copies of the DVD for those who have been affected. If you have experienced problems with your DVD and would like a replacement disc, please contact [email protected] with proof of purchase (a scan, screen grab or photo of the receipt will do) and your address. Please use Ayreon DVD in the subject line. We’ll collect all complaints and print new DVDs to be sent out to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks to get this replacement disc delivered.
For those wondering; we managed to spot the glitch in time and the 20th Anniversary Box Set will have a crystal clear sounding 5.1 mix, we promise.
Our apologies,
- Team Ayreon

I've already emailed them and got an (automated) reply back, all those affected, go for it!

Great news about the corrected discs! I'll admit, the first Ayreon song I ever actually listened to was track 13 from this album, and that was just so I could fix the glitch for a friend... but the song and mix and fidelity are so good, I had to experience the entire album... and it's great! So then I checked out a rip I had of "The Source", and THAT was great too, so then I went on ebay and purchased the deluxe sets of BOTH albums, glitch and all, lol!
I'm not sure if I'll get a replacement disc, but I emailed the above address so I'll keep you posted :)

Ayreon and Mascot Label Group are sorry to inform you that some of the DVD discs featured in the Into The Electric Castle earbook have slight glitches in the 5.1 audio part.
We would like to make you aware that due to this issue we are currently pressing additional copies of the DVD for those who have been affected. If you have experienced problems with your DVD and would like a replacement disc, please contact [email protected] with proof of purchase (a scan, screen grab or photo of the receipt will do) and your address. Please use Ayreon DVD in the subject line. We’ll collect all complaints and print new DVDs to be sent out to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks to get this replacement disc delivered.
For those wondering; we managed to spot the glitch in time and the 20th Anniversary Box Set will have a crystal clear sounding 5.1 mix, we promise.
Our apologies,
- Team Ayreon

I've already emailed them and got an (automated) reply back, all those affected, go for it!

Just did, thanks for posting this, not on Farcebook myself :p

Our apologies,
- Team Ayreon

Thanks, emailed

Our apologies,
- Team Ayreon

Snood confused :unsure: So they spotted the glitch on what?? 20th Anni Box?? huh?

So they did or did not catch it?

Last edited:
Snood confused :unsure: So they spotted the glitch on what?? 20th Anni Box?? huh?

So they did or did not catch it?
Yeah, I'm also a bit confused. Is there a career-spanning Ayreon 20th Anniversary box coming? Or just a bigger, badder, super-deluxe box set edition of Into The Electric Castle?

Last edited:
Back