The 20th Anniversary Edition of Ayreon - 'Into The Electric Castle' including a 5.1 DD DVD-V out for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm also a bit confused. Is there a career-spanning Ayreon 20th Anniversary box coming? Or just a bigger, bladder, super-deluxe box set edition of Into The Electric Castle?
the just released Into The Electric Castle 20th Anniversary earbook with DVD

the just released Into The Electric Castle 20th Anniversary earbook with DVD
But clearly, the issue was not caught in time for the Earbook, yet they claim it was caught in time for some kind of 20th Anniversary box. So which box is that?

Think I may have a dodgy disc... don't get me wrong it plays OK on my Oppo 105 but MakeMKV only finds the two stereo chapters but not the main 5.1 body of the disc. Hopefully I will get the replacement disc due to the error on track 13 and that will rip ok, although don't know what to do about that as I didn't get the automated acknowledgement when I requested the replacement.

Thanks guys managed to get access to a copy of DVDAE and it ripped it perfectly in double quick time, especially as the actual playing time is 1hr 44 mins! Strange that MAKEMKV would only recognise tracks 1 and 2 (the two short stereo tracks) and completely ignored track 3 with the 5.1mix.
Played this through a couple of times now and must say really enjoyed it.

I was able to get this Deluxe Package today, Amazon US for $26.51.
index.jpg

I was able to get this Deluxe Package today, Amazon US for $26.51.
View attachment 36739

I have to give a shout out to my good buddy JanBakker, without him I would have never heard of Ayreon. I watched the Blu Ray this afternoon and I was exceptionally blown away. It reminded me of when Ralphie a few years ago turned me on to Steven Wilson's The Raven and I was wow, wow, wow. That is how I felt with this release. I envisioned myself at the concert and I can see it would have been a great experience. I assume that all the different players and vocalists was the history of Ayreon and Universe is like a greatest hits? Wow, just great. The packaging and photos is high class, two thumbs up. The surround sound is great also.

I have to give a shout out to my good buddy JanBakker, without him I would have never heard of Ayreon. I watched the Blu Ray this afternoon and I was exceptionally blown away. It reminded me of when Ralphie a few years ago turned me on to Steven Wilson's The Raven and I was wow, wow, wow. That is how I felt with this release. I envisioned myself at the concert and I can see it would have been a great experience. I assume that all the different players and vocalists was the history of Ayreon and Universe is like a greatest hits? Wow, just great. The packaging and photos is high class, two thumbs up. The surround sound is great also.

If you want to hear REALLY great surround from Ayreon, check out any of these:
Into The Electric Castle
Actual Fantasy Revisited
The Source

I listened to Ayreon, Into The Electric Castle last night DVD, audio portion in 5.1, whoa, another great hit from janbakker. Could Aeryon be my new great discovery of 2018, yes. XTC was my great discovery of 2017.
Arjen Anthony Lucassen and his Dutch gang really put out some intense and thoughtful music, a true artist.

Back