The adventures of GOS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gene
Sorry to hear about this and sorry you lost out on your vacation. We are about 270 miles north / northeast of you. We got walloped on Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Tuesday night was a small derecho - had 75 mile per hour + winds. power out to 850, 000 locations. There are still 150,000 without power 5 days later. Wednesday evening was 'just' a few tornados. Had a small one 10 miles south of us. We lost a tree, but power stayed on here

Gene - press your Insurance agent. There has got to be coverage for some of the damage. Remember - the Insurance guys will Always try to deny claims.

Glad to hear Lamar is okay and that no one was hurt. Wishing some good luck upon you !

48EDE4DE-E7C2-4B64-9542-5825E7B29BB8.jpeg

Best wishes Gene...that's a helluva storm fallout to deal with. We get the summer "monsoon" thunderstorms and recently had several people washed away because they were in the arroyos at the wrong time...those waters come at you fast and unexpectedly.

Gene like others here i am so sorry to hear of this and wish you luck getting things sorted out. Hopefully insurance comes through.
At the risk of sounding trite you can always replace things but not people although financial issues are important and nobody likes losing treasured family mementos.

Wow, sorry to hear the bad news! Good luck with everything!

The place I'm in, the basement flooded like that in a freak storm a few years ago. Everything gutted & destroyed. It hasn't since, so I have slowly started trusting it & storing stuff down there again. I think I might pull anything I don't want to lose back upstairs, and/or build some solid shelves

Gene, sorry to hear about this as well.
Not trying to derail what you are going through but what crazy weather as we usually get rain in our area all year and now our summers are scorching hot for here compared to what we used to have and our province has had over 600 fires this summer so many areas are dealing with the worst air quality in the whole world due to all the smoke. We had a couple of bad smoke days this last week.

Gene, so sorry for your woes. And you weren't even at home yet , that sucks big time. ruined your vacation of all things.

Nice to know the better of your surround discs are not flood damaged . FWIW the watered discs may yet be
salvagable . As long as they are not all scratched up , but covers and cases well thats kinda a true loss .

Hopefully you can recoup some $ for your losses via The Federal Disaster Funds. No one needs this type of "Misadventure , and add COVID , to boot"
And if not well you can count on me to contribute some $ . It wouldn't be much but count on me for a contribution.
I think on QQ we try and look after our own or so i would think . Now If a fund is set up I'm game.

Keep well and hopefully the crazy downpours will cease. Now up here were in a massive heat wave (well hot for us)
And little to no moisture , (drought conditions) and smoke from wildfires . But these past 4 days some improvement with a bit of rain, so finally some relief.

Now please Keep us informed old chum .

Fizzy

Gene, my very best wishes for you and your family. Glad you had neighbors and friends to help mitigate the damage.
The storm is coming ashore not too far from me here in Florida, and although we aren't projected to have major winds it only takes a few limbs to fall to kill the power. I'm off to get gas for the little 6000 watt generator this morning just in case., it's been a lifesaver through many storms and hurricanes.

Back