The ALBUM COVER ALBUM , book

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
For anyone interested in record album art this book is well worth having.

This edition contains album's covers from very early on til about 1980.

And for us QUADRAPHILE'S there are 3 that are indicated as such.

This is a European Art book via Roger Dean and Hipnosis , both of whom made super album covers for records ,we all know and enjoy.

Attached the 3 noteworthy quads.

20220227_134437.jpg
20220227_134343.jpg
20220227_134307.jpg
20220227_134229.jpg

I had a mint copy for years and let it go during a cleansing.
Stupid stupid stupid

I'm not totally certain of the year ,but I do know that this was reprised as a volume set ,one, two and three about 15 years ago.(?)
This is a used copy of the original edition which I ended up losing, but as fate would have it I snagged this one at a book store, so I got lucky.

There are actually 5 volumes of this series, I've owned the first 3 from new and cherished them ever since!
6, actually! And these books rule—I got into so much great music because I just HAD to hear what an album with a cover like (Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever... Octopus by Gentle Giant.... Things To Come by Seventh Wave... In Search of Amelia Earhart by Plainsong...) sounded like. Got a lotta looks from aunts and uncles in the early 90's and they'd be like "how the hell do you know anything about Nektar?!" (dunno why of all the UK prog bands I got into from Vol. 1, nobody knew Camel or Greenslade or any of that, but New Yorkers knew Nektar, boy howdy)

Back when you had to be a lot scrappier, pre-internet. 😁

IMG_1118.JPG

Speaking of which, these (hefty) additional books—very OOP and you'll pay a kidney for 'em for the most part if you can find a copy—are also absolutely fantastic and go WAY deeper on jazz/funk/soul.

IMG_1119.JPG

Last edited:
6, actually! And these books rule—I got into so much great music because I just HAD to hear what an album with a cover like (Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever... Octopus by Gentle Giant.... Things To Come by Seventh Wave... In Search of Amelia Earhart by Plainsong...) sounded like. Got a lotta looks from aunts and uncles in the early 90's and they'd be like "how the hell do you know anything about Nektar?!" (dunno why of all the UK prog bands I got into from Vol. 1, nobody knew Camel or Greenslade or any of that, but New Yorkers knew Nektar, boy howdy)

Back when you had to be a lot scrappier, pre-internet. 😁

oh wow, there’s a sixth! Interesting that the cover for Volume 3 was changed at some point….

Back