The Band "Cahoots" (50th anniversary edition with Bob Clearmountain surround mix out in December!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Pre-order here: The Band - Cahoots (50th Anniversary) [Super Deluxe Edition] - Amazon.com Music

The Band celebrates the 50th Anniversary of their fourth studio album Cahoots with an all-new remix and remaster by Bob Clearmountain. The Super Deluxe Box includes the new stereo mix, bonus tracks and a previously unreleased bootleg concert at Olympia Theatre, Paris 1971, on 2 CDs. Also included, is a surround-sound Blu-ray, a 180g half-speed master LP, a 7" single, booklet, all-new liner notes and collectable lithographs.

81s9K3g6bhL._SL1500_.jpg

A17Y7MBOgnL._SL1500_.jpg

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/...sary-Super-Deluxe-Edition-Box-set/77L30000000Blu-ray
1 Life Is A Carnival
2 When I Paint My Masterpiece
3 Last Of The Blacksmiths
4 Where Do We Go From Here?
5 4% Pantomime
6 Shoot Out In Chinatown
7 The Moon Struck One
8 Thinkin’ Out Loud
9 Smoke Signal
10 Volcano
11 The River Hymn
12 Endless Highway (Early Studio Take, 2021 Mix)*
13 When I Paint My Masterpiece (Alternate Take, 2021 Mix)*
14 4% Pantomime (Takes 1 & 2)*
15 Don’t Do It (Outtake – Studio Version, 2021 Mix)*

I listened to "Life is a Carnival" last night in Atmos on my Apple Music ATV4K (only song out so far that I saw), but as a lot of that stuff in Atmos, it wasn't blowin' my socks off, sounded good I guess, but that's awful pricey ($150) for a single surround title. :unsure: Priorities tell me, to go order that Santana III 7" SACD first and contemplate this one some more.

My favourite Band album but $149.66 US! ($177.99 CAD on Amazon.ca)! Why can't we just get the Blu-ray???
In a way this makes it easier for me.
They are so far out of my financial comfort range they don’t make it to the radar screen.
And that’s a shame because these Band BDs are good, heard The Band in 5.1 at a friends place, really good

I read that Robbie Robertson told Bob Clearmountain to remix the tracks from the original multitracks as if starting from scratch. He told Bob not to even listen to the original mixes. Robbie wants it to sound like it is being mixed for the first time, so the sound could be radically different than what the songs sound like on previously issued versions of the album. What a refreshing way to do a re-issue.

I would spend this sort of money on a surround set, but one surround album and a bunch of other stuff? Not so much. I think putting Atmos blu rays and vinyls in same set is a bit of a con. They know they are 2 different audiences, at least in my experience.
Two different sets would be more appropriate. If the vinyl is from a digital source and limited or brickwalled there is no point in including it in this set. The original vinyl would be better and cheaper. We fans likely already have that anyway. I already have the original LP, a CD release and the MFSL CD release. All I want is the blu-ray!

Back