The Band - Stage Fright Super Deluxe Edition Feb. 12, 2021

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uDiscover Music

Your order is on the way

Shipping label created, UPS.

Another HDTracks release today is Stage Fright Deluxe 2020 Remix, $47.98. 32 tracks in 24/192. Orginal album, two alternates and the rest 1977 Live at Royal Albert Hall.
Now when the box set arrives today will have to see how the discs line up.

I received the same notice from UDiscover

In late December, I pre-ordered Stage Fright, along with many other in-stock items. One box set and a few double discs showed up in about 10 days.

Weeks went by. We Emailed UDISCOVER asking why we hadn't received Goats Head, Complete Hot Rats and Elton's Jewel Box. They asked if we wanted a refund. No, ship it, we wrote. They shipped it a week after that. It took another week beyond that to get here. They finally arrived a couple weeks ago.

I hold little hope that Stage Fright will arrive anytime soon.

I went to the supermarket earlier this evening to my surprise :eek: Stage Fright was waiting in the porch when I got back!
(along with a CD by the Pretty Reckless - good bluesy rock BTW)

Does this infer we will have a proper Mini Review from the Dunc in Gramatically Correct Queen's English by evening's end?

5.1 waveform for Time To Kill has been posted at shf, nice big fat center channel that apparently has bass and drums in it as we would expect based on the previous Clearmountain mixes.

Of course, the comment from the poster is that the mix sucks.
Next, somebody will point out how low the LFE waveform is.

This type of mix sounds great on my system, but not for everybody.

I received the same notice from UDiscover...

...I hold little hope that Stage Fright will arrive anytime soon.

Service: UPS Mail Innovations® Expedited

This rings a bell from my GHS order.
UPS hands it off to the local post office for final delivery.

Hope for the best.
Shipping damage potential should be reduced since the box is conventional construction, unlike the Stones packaging fiasco.

I went to the supermarket earlier this evening to my surprise :eek: Stage Fright was waiting in the porch when I got back!
(along with a CD by the Pretty Reckless - good bluesy rock BTW)
Looking forward to a review Duncan....yet to order mine!! :rolleyes:
Probably chose the copy available on Amazon.com ......works out considerably cheaper, than the over inflated price they asking for it , here.

Here's the poll: HiRez Poll - Band, The - STAGE FRIGHT [Blu-Ray Audio]

As always, please keep the comments in the poll thread to thoughts on the release itself (content, mix, sound quality, etc.)
No posts about shipping, delivery, price, etc. in the other thread please!

As for me, I haven't found a good enough price for this release yet, so I'm sitting this one out until I can find it for around $100...

:)

Nice to see these "The Band" releases coming out with new 5.1 mixes. Sure, you have to buy the box, but in retrospect, they didn't have to have a 5.1 mix included to sell these. I bet most of the buyers never even touch the bluray.

The thing that's cool about these is that, in the case of this title, it's not just a repackaging of a title and/or mix that they've already sold us once (or twice) in a different format. It keeps the surround audio world refreshing.

Now, how long will this continue? Time will tell...........

Back