The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary (5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another reason to be confident- this isn't the first time the Martins have worked on this material in surround via "Love"

-Come Together
-Something
-I Want You (She's So Heavy)
-Octopus's Garden
-Here Comes the Sun
-Because

B-LOVE.jpg

Here's another reason to be confident- this isn't the first time the Martins have worked on this material in surround via "Love"

-Come Together
-Something
-Octopus's Garden
-Here Comes the Sun
-Because

View attachment 41646
I wonder if the surround mix for "Gnik Nus" will work in reverse for "Sun King?" :unsure:

-Come Together
-Something
-Octopus's Garden
-Here Comes the Sun
-Because

View attachment 41646

There are songs on Love from The White Album, and some were disappointed by the treatment we got last year. I don't expect this mix to be the same as on Love, but I do expect this release to sound magnificent in the same way Brothers in Arms does. Abbey Road lends itself to a slick and clean mix. It should sound like it was recorded yesterday. I feel good about this, I can't imagine why we wouldn't get the most amazing release we all want.

x
Apparently the deluxe edition will contain 6 discs and it will be released on Sept 27th, which is basically the 50th anniversary of the original release date.
Don't know yet whether it will contain 4 CDs, 1 DVD, and 1 Blu-Ray or 5 CDs and 1 Blu-Ray

:)
SHTV forum posters who have provided details in advance on the Sgt. Pepper, White Album, and Imagine releases are saying that the deluxe will have fewer than 6 total discs.

new info posted by member XC70 over on the SHF;

ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY SUPER DELUXE EDITION (4 DISC) | UPC: 00602577921124

12” x 12” hardcover book to house:
CD1: New ‘Abbey Road’ stereo album mix
CD2: Demos and Outtakes
CD3: Demos and Outtakes
DISC 4 (Blu-ray): Dolby Atmos mix of whole album / 5.1 surround of whole album / hi-res stereo mix of whole album
Book
Limited Edition
‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION (2CD) | UPC: 00602577915079

Expanded 2CD package features the new stereo album mix on and adds a second CD of demos and outtakes
Limited
‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY EDITION (1CD) | UPC: 00602508007439

1CD digi featuring the new ‘Abbey Road’ stereo album mix
Lifetime
‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY SUPER DELUXE EDITION (3LP BOX) | UPC: 00602508007446

12” x 12” lift off lid box to house:
LP1: New ‘Abbey Road’ stereo album mix
LP2: Demos and Outtakes
LP3: Demos and Outtakes
Limited Edition
‘ABBEY ROAD’ ANNIVERSARY EDITION (1LP) | UPC: 0602577915123

180-gram 1LP vinyl featuring the new stereo album mix
Packaging faithful to the original album
Lifetime

I didn't discover Abbey Road until 1974 or so (I was too young to care in '69) and I wasn't impressed for a long time - "Here Comes the Sun" is one of my most hated Beatles songs (I have a list), and much of the rest seemed very lightweight.

But "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" completely blew my mind, and my only complaint was, it didn't go on long enough. And now, although I've grown to love the whole album (with one exception), that's still the one track I most want to hear in surround. And if there is a previously undocumented twenty minute extended version, I'll love that as well.

Based on the new information, I'm relieved that a) the box set will only have 4 discs, so that should mean a cheaper price overall compared to the last two sets. (I'm predicting a final price somewhere between $80 and $100) and b) that the Blu-Ray will have both the Atmos mix and a separate 5.1 mix for those of us with non-Atmos systems

Autumn cannot arrive soon enough!

:)

Back