The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary (5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LennonCobain

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Let the speculation begin... posted earlier today on Giles Martin’s Twitter account:

I like my Quad mix better. Why shove all the guitars into one channel? Nobody puts "Baby" in a corner, so it's ok to shove all the Beatles? Nah.

My 'only the beginning' reference Q, was acknowledgement that Giles Martin has begun remixing Abbey Road [hopefully] into 5.1 [and ATMOS for movie theaters]. That 2009 You Tube remix was only a further reference to Giles Twitter feed 'and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make' from THE END! And hopefully, in the remix, Giles won't shove all those guitars into one channel ......

Is release day near? I’d put it out of my mind because of the long wait for DV to deliver, I didn’t want to think about what else I’m also waiting for.

I figured we were months away. Way to far away to call for a “roll on”.
You might be right, maybe it is too soon to be thinking roll on release day. Either way, roll on release day :)

Wow cool! (Ha can't actually think of any more puns... 🤪)

Sounds like it's a wrap, I'd expect it to follow exactly the same format as Sgt. Pepper/White Album... So a boxset just north of £100 out in early November? If it's as good as The White album we're in for a treat! 😍

Wow cool! (Ha can't actually think of any more puns... 🤪)

Sounds like it's a wrap, I'd expect it to follow exactly the same format as Sgt. Pepper/White Album... So a boxset just north of £100 out in early November? If it's as good as The White album we're in for a treat! 😍
it might even be better, with a little luck...(sorry for that 'McCartneyism"...)

Back