The Blasters "Going Home Live" (DTS)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I picked this up the other day at J&R Music World for $12.49. The packaging states DVD-A/DTS/PCM 2.0 Stereo - I read a review on another site that confirms - however, the DTS site has it listed only as DTS and PCM 2.0. The audio option menu on the disc only provides options for DTS and PCM 2.0 - no DVD-A in sight (or sound). Probably a packaging error - never had a problem with a DTS disc. Having said all that...

If you are not familiar with the Blasters -they are a quintessential, roots rock, American rock band that was always known for their high energy live shows. This is a reunion record recorded live in 2004 - the band is fronted by the Alvin Brothers- Phil and Dave. If you want to hear great, sweaty rock with elements of blues, New Orleans R&B, & Bill Haley style swing rock - you can't go wrong. A very good live DTS surround mix - not agressively active but an enveloping, standing at the mixing board surround mix. Dave Alvin has gone on to become somewhat of a well respected Americana artist whose latest release "West of The West' (not in surround unfortunately) is a definite must have if this type of music is your cup of tea.(y)

Yep, packaging error. i got it when it first came out. i wrote to them and told them that if i had known there was no dvd-a portion i would have bought the dvd-video instead. they were kind enough to send me the dvd-video as a gift.

Back