The Blues Thread (Surround-Stereo-Mono) Anything Goes.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
J.Pupster planted the seed in my head about having a Blues Music discussion thread and I finally am getting around to it.
I love Blues music, there are so many great artists and I have ran into a few of you who have a deep knowledge of The Blues.
Mine is pretty good and I have a good collection in all the various formats and always wanting to hear something new that I get turned on to..
There are so many good blues discs and LP's and I was trying to figure out what would be my opening picture for this thread. Is it going to be Cream, B.B. King, The Allman Brothers Band, Canned Heat, John Lee Hooker, we could go on forever, but I realized I really got turned onto the Blues from the British acts listening to them as a rock act and having the blues come at me through the back door.
So I went back as far as I could go in my mind and the first intentional Blues album I bought was 1971's Fleetwood Mac In Chicago. I have always loved this. There is a CD version called The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions.
Looking for all you Blues Buffs to let it fly, no rules.
R-3088578-1386366671-2058.jpeg.jpg

I have seen Johnny Winter two times, once at The Fillmore, I thought he was a corpse, wasn't doing well at all, and most recently 6 months before he died at Yoshii's in Oakland, he was still ravaged by whatever, but he was in good musical shape.
This 4 CD disc set is a great purchase, listening to Disc 1 now.
R-7553085-1443881952-9838.jpeg.jpg

If you are a lover of electric blues, the four or so versions of Jimi at his peak (IMO) would be:
1) Voodoo Chile - Electric Ladyland
2) Red House - Hendrix in the West (live at the San Diego Sports Arena 1969)
3) Hear My Train a Comin’ - Rainbow Bridge (live at Berkeley 1970)

Honourable mention:
Hear My Train a Comin’ - Blues album (Live impromptu acoustic reading of the tune)

J.Pupster planted the seed in my head about having a Blues Music discussion thread and I finally am getting around to it.
I love Blues music, there are so many great artists and I have ran into a few of you who have a deep knowledge of The Blues.
Mine is pretty good and I have a good collection in all the various formats and always wanting to hear something new that I get turned on to..
There are so many good blues discs and LP's and I was trying to figure out what would be my opening picture for this thread. Is it going to be Cream, B.B. King, The Allman Brothers Band, Canned Heat, John Lee Hooker, we could go on forever, but I realized I really got turned onto the Blues from the British acts listening to them as a rock act and having the blues come at me through the back door.
So I went back as far as I could go in my mind and the first intentional Blues album I bought was 1971's Fleetwood Mac In Chicago. I have always loved this. There is a CD version called The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions.
Looking for all you Blues Buffs to let it fly, no rules.
View attachment 60385
The most played disc of my Blue Horizon box set is the Pious Bird of Good Omen. If you love electric blues, apart from the obvious tracks Black Magic Woman, Jigsaw Puzzle Blues and the beautiful Albatross, there are multiple takes of Need Your Love So Bad. This is a master class in understatement that all blues guitar players should have to comprehend before doing a gig. Wonderful vocals and just enough of the right guitar notes to make it perfect

Back