The Blues Thread (Surround-Stereo-Mono) Anything Goes.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Marquise once live in Kansas, really good.
This is a CD 16/44.1 stereo DR average 14.
R-4407992-1364086698-6453.jpeg.jpg

View attachment 63255
This thread prompted me to play this again, bought new years ago from a discount/dollar store.
One of the great ‘finds’ of my collecting life.
Excellent album! And HDCD encoded.

There appear to be quite a few similar variations of the cover art. This is the one I have , on the Snapper label, though it’s more blue than the picture
I have also seen different colored booklets for this cd. Good tunes on that one.
Here's some good blues - made in Canada!IMG_20210405_223411695.jpg

I really liked this release, I bought it 12/04/2020 as a 2.0 DSD64 download, very good.

I'll probably order that and another disc from the PS Audio website. BTW, the download costs as much as the physical disc. And Gus Skinas mastered it in Boulder Colorado @ the Super Audio Center.....should sound spectacular!

Last edited:
I'll probably order that and another disc from the PS Audio website. BTW, the download costs as much as the physical disc. And Gus Skinas mastered it in Boulder Colorado @ the Super Audio Center.....should sound spectacular!
Otis Taylor is brilliant, especially 2008s "Recapturing The Banjo". SACD would be more expensive for us this side of the pond, but no import duty on the download into the UK................... yet!

The UK DAB/On-line radio station Planet Rock have been playing some really good Blues-Rock tracks of late, and I had to track down and buy the albums. So I've been going through my to listen to stereo pile and I've listened to so far to,

Bands fronted by an amazing female vocalist:
The Pretty Reckless - Who You Selling For & Saint Jude - Diary Of A Soul Fiend
ThePrettyRecklessWhoYou73180_f.jpg
SaintJudeDiaryofaSoulF73699_f.jpg

Incredible female Guitarists & vocalists:
Orianthi - O (ex-Alice Cooper) and Hannah Wicklund & The Steppin' Stones - self titled (she was only around 18 when she wrote these!)
OrianthiO202073178_f.jpg
HannahWicklundTheSteppin73185_f.jpg

Someday I will listen to these. Wow! That could be the title of a blues song.

Attachments

• 87F408EF-1D64-47D1-8E3D-215C0926B291.jpeg
    87F408EF-1D64-47D1-8E3D-215C0926B291.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 68
Here is a thread about the passing of Bob Koester, founder of blues & jazz label Delmark Records. He also founded the great blues/jazz store Jazz Record Mart. I posted some memories of my first hand experiences with Koester in the nearly 40 years I knew him.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/rip-bob-koester.30485/
There is a Delmark SACD (2ch) of Junior Wells' "Hoodoo Man Blues."

Back