The Blues Thread (Surround-Stereo-Mono) Anything Goes.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just been watching the videos from the new album White Jesus Black Problems by Fantastic Negrito a great mixture of Blues, R&B, a bit of funk, a bit of gospel, can't quite pigeon-hole the music. Loved it. Ordered the album.

White Jesus Black Problems CD - Fantastic Negrito

Videos - Fantastic Negrito

1655070824646.png

Lightning In A Bottle - A One Night History Of The Blues 2004
*catching this show off axstv tonight.
At the first vocal blast from Angélique Kidjo, you know you're in for something special. Directed by
Antoine Fuqua and Musical Director Steve Jordan. So many great supporting musicians on here that aren't even credited.
- and so many are not with us anymore! 😢
A must have for any Blues fan!

1655253822178.png

Lightning In A Bottle - A One Night History Of The Blues 2004
*catching this show off axstv tonight.
At the first vocal blast from Angélique Kidjo, you know you're in for something special. Directed by
Antoine Fuqua and Musical Director Steve Jordan. So many great supporting musicians on here that aren't even credited.
- and so many are not with us anymore! 😢
A must have for any Blues fan!

View attachment 80251
What a fantastic line-up. Only available to rent in HD at £3.49 or download in HD for £7.99 from amazon.co.uk! and :eek: $35+import tax from amazon.com, and as most discs are region locked........ :mad:

What a fantastic line-up. Only available to rent in HD at £3.49 or download in HD for £7.99 from amazon.co.uk! and :eek: $35+import tax from amazon.com, and as most discs are region locked........ :mad:
Wow, $35+import tax, 🤯 that’s messed up man! I didn’t see the Blu-ray version on discogs either, and you should really go for that over a DVD, the picture looked very sharp in HD.

Chicago Blues - The Absolutely Essential 3 CD Collection
The title says it all "Absolutely Essential" :cool:
What a great collection of so many of the greatest blues artists of all time. I just have to put the 3 in cue and let them run for the next three hours or till I fall asleep.
True Blue History!

This is the first real blues album I bought. Have had it since it was released over 50 years ago. It’s one of the “ livest “ albums ever. Really seems like your right there in the Copacabana!

Attachments

• FB96E04E-8CDC-4E8A-8A59-D34E36A6005A.jpeg
    FB96E04E-8CDC-4E8A-8A59-D34E36A6005A.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
This is the first real blues album I bought. Have had it since it was released over 50 years ago. It’s one of the “ livest “ albums ever. Really seems like your right there in the Copacabana!
Too bad it doesn't seem to be on Apple.
OTOH there are about a million Big Bill albums there. ;)

Ole Hank Jr. I've seen him so drunk on stage he couldn't grab his ass with both hands.
Dropped his guitar a few times, not that he could've played anyway. Fell down a few times and almost took a header off the stage.

I guess he's cleaned up his act some since those days 'cause "hangovers hurt more than they used to" & "cornbread and iced tea took the place of pills and 90 proof"
Hang in there, Jr.

Back