The case for 96 kHz (and 88.2) vs Lower Resolutions (44.1 and 48)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GUILTY, as charged, Mr. E. I did buy into HD~DVD as I read it was 'initially' better than Blu Ray .... and yes, I also have a pretty sizable stack of HD~DVD discs which are taking up valuable space on a few shelves. But did NOT buy into DIVX ...I do have a certain amount of pride!
Have you tried playing many of those HD-DVDs lately? In my experience, it was the most rot-prone format of all time.

I managed to get an external HD-DVD computer drive several years back and ripped what I could to MKV, which means that I have a bunch of movies that originated on HD-DVD but which I can now play on my Oppo.

Have you tried playing many of those HD-DVDs lately? In my experience, it was the most rot-prone format of all time.

I managed to get an external HD-DVD computer drive several years back and ripped what I could to MKV, which means that I have a bunch of movies that originated on HD-DVD but which I can now play on my Oppo.
They were fine the last time that I checked. Always a good idea to rip discs though, especially if they are important to you!

Those Howard Shore LORD OF THE RINGS MLP DVD~As in 24/48 5.1 resolution hold almost 3 hours of content on 1 DVD~A!

https://www.discogs.com/release/800...-Rings-The-Two-Towers-The-Complete-Recordings
Primary
Reviving this old thread, just because I can ;-)

I have all three of these sets, they really are remarkably-sounding, they really show off the format wonderfully.

4-earredwonder, you are forgetting that the one disc is a flipper (remember them, folks?) so 3 hours of music at that spec is not quite that impressive.

Back