SPOTLIGHT The classical music general discussion thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SACD version of the Ravel (5.0 only, obviously) is on sale for $11.50 from Presto or £8.63 from Chandos itself:
https://www.chandos.net/products/catalogue/CHSA 5280
Here it is in Atmos on Apple Music:
I'm tempted, but I already like the Tacet version in super-discrete 5.1. I also feel like Dutton may end up releasing the Boulez disc originally in quad, although this has more...

I'd rather see the listing than listen to the video.

Click the YouTube icon in the lower righthand corner to "Watch on YouTube" (in a new browser tab). Then, immediately beneath the video, click "more" at the end of the title/date/description. Voila:

1. Arthur Sullivan: L’ile Enchantée (ballet), Procession March, Day Dreams, The Sapphire Necklace—Overture
2. Chamber Music by Henry Welford Davies, Alfred M Wall, Susan Spain-Dunk
3. Paul Lacombe: Piano Quartet in C minor, Cello Sonata in A major, Violin Sonata No. 3 in G major
4. Benjamin Godard: Piano Concerto No. 1, Introduction and Allegro, Symphonie Orientale
5. Frederick Converse: Song of the Sea, Festival of Pan, American Sketches
6. John Foulds: Keltic Overture, Keltic Suite, Sicilian Aubade, Isles of Greece, Holiday Sketches, An Arabian Night, Suite Fantastique
7. Charles-Marie Widor: La Nuit de Walpurgis, Violin Concerto, Symphony No. 1
8. Walter Braunfels: Symphonic Variations on an Old French Children’s Song, Sinfonia Brevis, Suite from The Glass Mountain
9. Charles Martin Loeffler: Divertissement Espagnol, La Villanelle du Diable, Une Nuit de Mai, Divertissement in A minor
10. Havergal Brian: Festal Dance, Symphonies Nos. 5 “The Wine of Summer”, 19 and 27

Click the YouTube icon in the lower righthand corner to "Watch on YouTube" (in a new browser tab). Then, immediately beneath the video, click "more" at the end of the title/date/description. Voila:

1. Arthur Sullivan: L’ile Enchantée (ballet), Procession March, Day Dreams, The Sapphire Necklace—Overture
2. Chamber Music by Henry Welford Davies, Alfred M Wall, Susan Spain-Dunk
3. Paul Lacombe: Piano Quartet in C minor, Cello Sonata in A major, Violin Sonata No. 3 in G major

4. Benjamin Godard: Piano Concerto No. 1, Introduction and Allegro, Symphonie Orientale
5. Frederick Converse: Song of the Sea, Festival of Pan, American Sketches
6. John Foulds: Keltic Overture, Keltic Suite, Sicilian Aubade, Isles of Greece, Holiday Sketches, An Arabian Night, Suite Fantastique
7. Charles-Marie Widor: La Nuit de Walpurgis, Violin Concerto, Symphony No. 1
8. Walter Braunfels: Symphonic Variations on an Old French Children’s Song, Sinfonia Brevis, Suite from The Glass Mountain
9. Charles Martin Loeffler: Divertissement Espagnol, La Villanelle du Diable, Une Nuit de Mai, Divertissement in A minor
10. Havergal Brian: Festal Dance, Symphonies Nos. 5 “The Wine of Summer”, 19 and 27
Items in bold are SACD modern quads (Dutton doesn't use the center channel), italics are hybrid stereo SACDs. There are also SACDs of the Godard and Braunfels series, but not these issues.

I know a lot of folks are ordering from D-V and figured they might like ideas for additional items to get.

Reactions: mkt
Coming December 9th from DGG [2 RBCDs/1 Pure Audio BD~A in Dolby ATMOS]

71-2bGoOV4L._SL1500_.jpg

Schumann: The Symphonies[2 CD/Blu-ray Audio]

Back