Music DVD Poll The Doobie Brothers - Live at Wolf Trap.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "The Doobie Brothers - Live at Wolf Trap"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, Poor Content, Poor Packaging/Graphics

• 1 - Complete waste of plastic

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments and observations.
Be as detailed as you can - either rave about or warn about.

Last edited:
Very good concert DVD all around. Basic live surround mix but the sound quality is excellent(dts). The setlist features all the hits and it's great to see Tom Johnston again!!!! Highly recommended if you're a Doobie's fan (y)
TimW

I don't have the DVD yet, but I saw this in High Definition on HD-Net via DishNetwork about 6 months ago, and it was incredible. The music and performance are outstanding, and the video and audio quality were remarkable. I assume it doesn't look quite as good on DVD, but the sound should be as good or better (since it was broadcast in DD5.1, but a DTS soundtrack should sound even better).

I've been holding out buying the DVD because I figure if it the concert was shot in Hi Def video, it may be an early release on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, and I have to minimize the number of discs I buy in multiple formats!

I am running around picking up copies of those gems that you always intend to get but something else cathches your fancy!

This one was indeed special. Tommy Johnston is the heartbeat of this band. He has not lost any of his delivery. Pat Simmons on the other hand, while endearing, is starting to show some weathering.

In my opinion, the highlight of this DVD, is watching the many talents of John McFee. He jumps from steel guitar to slide guitar to violin and back to guitar. What a talent!

The mix is fine and makes the old songs come back to life.

Why did I wait so long?:smokin

Okay, I decided I couldn't wait for the Hi-Def DVD, so I went ahead and bought it. It's an awsome performance, with very good video and sound quality, and a decent 5.1 mix. I play this one fairly often -- it's a lot of fun! I gave it a 9.

Coming in years after this thread began but I only got this today.

I thought this was an absolute treat from start to finish. The DTS track is punchy and bright and I was pleasantly surprised with what was going on in the rears. Overall the audio was really nicely balanced - perhaps occasionally suffering in the mid range during 'Another Lonely Park...'. After the first play through I did an AB comparison on 'South City Midnight Lady' from 'The Captain and Me' DVDA version (DTS) and arrangement differences aside it's amazing to hear these guys nailing it in 1973 and 2004. I'm glad to own both.

Great video too - I'd love to see the HD version. Maybe it was my imagination but I'm sure they briefly cut to the rear stage camera when Tom mentioned 'What were once vices are now habits' which felt like a reference to the original album cover.

For around five quid from Amazon I'm very chuffed indeed and thanks to you guys for the heads up on this one.

Back