The Doobie Brothers: Live From The Beacon Theatre Blu-ray Jun 28th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any other original band members on these recordings outside of Tom Johnston and Patrick Simmons? I’m not making a judgment; I’m just asking.
John McFee replaced Skunk Baxter in 1978 and has been with band ever since. Also on the recording is keyboardist Bill Payne - who is a founding member of Little Feat

Last edited:
John McFee replaced Skunk Baxter in 1978 and has been with band ever since. Also on the recording is keyboardist Bill Payne - who is a founding member of Little Feat
Thanks. McFee is a well respected musician whose tenure with the Doobies goes back 41 years and Payne is, in my estimation, one of the greatest rock keyboardists ever. The answer to my question, still, is a simple "none."

Thanks. McFee is a well respected musician whose tenure with the Doobies goes back 41 years and Payne is, in my estimation, one of the greatest rock keyboardists ever. The answer to my question, still, is a simple "none."
My apologies for providing information you didn't request

My apologies for providing information you didn't request
No apologies from you are necessary or otherwise indicated. I’m sorry that my tone came off the way it did(though, in retrospect, I don’t see how it could’ve been read any other way).

I’m happy to hear that McFee and Payne are such solid, long time band members. I’m just hoping that some of the other original members did at least a cameo on the live recording. I would also be thrilled to hear that Michael McDonald was in on it. I really do want to have reasons to purchase this release.

No apologies from you are necessary or otherwise indicated. I’m sorry that my tone came off the way it did(though, in retrospect, I don’t see how it could’ve been read any other way).

I’m happy to hear that McFee and Payne are such solid, long time band members. I’m just hoping that some of the other original members did at least a cameo on the live recording. I would also be thrilled to hear that Michael McDonald was in on it. I really do want to have reasons to purchase this release.
No worries - I have no real personal investment in this particular release. I like the Doobies well enough and own enough of their music in both surround and stereo to be interested on a surface level. I only started this thread to provide other members with the information of its pending release and status as the probable delay for the upcoming quadio set. Thanks for the clarification though!

I'm still optimistic, hopefully it's just a timing issue, and besides we don't have a choice.

Ever hear of Time Travel, Pupster?

See the source image

There are many, many people who would rather have a recent concert in HD than a classic one with some graininess to it. I'm not one of those people myself, but I understand why they would favor a release like this.

Back