The Doors - 4 New 5.1 SACD re releases from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the surround mix is a straight port from the Perception box...

Yep. It actually states something to that effect in the liner notes:
Doors SACD Liners.jpg

Thanks, I thought that this was the (+/-) the consensus. I seem to remember seeing it sell during the last "crash" for around $190.00. At $280.00 (let alone $400, or what's happened to prices of either set thanks to the not so improved "desert of the economic real"courtesy of hyper-retail Internet arbitrage) It can't just be a "better" Stereo layer, it had better be a "hit you over the head with a two-by" difference, at least for me. If the Horns and Keys are farther forward (I can hear Jim Morrison just fine and always have) then I'm probably fine with what I have. As an aside, I am the original "DON'T Let It Be-Naked" Beatles fan poster person. The more George Martin, the better as far as I'm concerned. (They should have written a second Piccolo Trumpet part for Penny Lane and had a second antiphonal Brass Ensemble for "All You Need" were it up to me...) Of course, everybody gets to choose for themselves. : - )

Back