The Doors - The Singles (2CD/4.0 Blu-Ray set) coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and put an order in with the Moose. Of course I already have the Quad SACD that is out, but I'm a huge Doors fan...so I guess since it has some mono goodies...I'm pretty curious. I've never heard the Doors in mono. :)

This, to me, is the most important aspect of this box set. Really, if it came out without the Quad "Best of", would anyone (other than us) have noticed? For a street price of about $25, those that would be the target market of a singles box would probably still buy the box and not even blink.

So the fact that they "threw in" the Quad Best of on BluRay is frankly astounding. I suppose it really does show that WB, and maybe it's only our "ForagingRhino" over there, still have the quad masters in their thought process.

This is good.

The fact that it's from a group that has already been released in surround many times over in all available formats is the only thing that brings this down a few notches. Still, for $25, it's a go! In fact, it's cheaper than the AF SACD was at list, and AFAIK, that disc is out of print and very expensive to track down.

Yes, great point about the price!
This is actually much better value than the Audio Fidelity SACD.
2 CDs with over 40 tracks total plus the Quadraphonic Blu-Ray, all for a lower price!

And speaking of price, this release clearly demonstrates that the major labels can offer Quadraphonic mixes on Blu-Ray without needing to resort to a box set.
Think how awesome it would be if they decided to package the Quadraphonic mixes from artists like James Taylor, America, Alice Cooper, ZZTop and Jackson Browne in affordable CD/Blu-Ray sets rather than sticking them in a box set.
(It still makes sense however for the Doobie Brothers Quadraphonic mixes to be released in a box set since they definitely have enough mixes to fill a small box set, similar to the Chicago set.)

:)

Excellent news! I love the AF release but much like rtbluray I too prefer bluray over any other format. Does anyone have the full information on what's on the bluray? Is it what's on the cds plus the "Mono Radio Versions” along with the quadraphonic best of?

My thoughts also, gladly give up all SACD's, and DVD audio's for similar LP's/Titles on Blu-Ray, it was my plan from the first Blu-Ray Pure Audio purchase. Having the Best of the Doors in Quad on Blu-Ray + the mono, more like this please.....:spot:party:worthy

Ever heard of the term ORIGINALITY?

The lowest common denominator business model for the music (and film) business is to play it safe and keep reusing existing assets as much as possible.

The Doors are easy money, relatively no-brainer releases. Inherently good numbers they can rely on. There are others, but they appear to lack the easier green light factors thus far. Our demographic age is showing.

Look to smaller labels for any risk-taking; catch-22 = they have a difficult time licensing material to release.

We've been here about 10,000 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This project was announced over nine years ago by the two people closest to the band's recorded legacy. This was a labour of love and not just a mere cash grab of a compilation. The Blu-Ray is merely added as extra value to an already sought after collection. The AF SACD is out of print and so this will make the only way fans who've missed the Quad versions the first time around to get them. This will also be the very first time that the Mono single mixes are released on digital format apart from a very costly Japanese singles box set. That onto itself is quite a cause for celebration. Of course, I haven't seen nor heard this set, but I truly hope they will deliver on all fronts.

The Doors Web Site Mono Announcement.JPG

Last edited:
This, to me, is the most important aspect of this box set. Really, if it came out without the Quad "Best of", would anyone (other than us) have noticed? For a street price of about $25, those that would be the target market of a singles box would probably still buy the box and not even blink.

So the fact that they "threw in" the Quad Best of on BluRay is frankly astounding. I suppose it really does show that WB, and maybe it's only our "ForagingRhino" over there, still have the quad masters in their thought process.

This is good.

The fact that it's from a group that has already been released in surround many times over in all available formats is the only thing that brings this down a few notches. Still, for $25, it's a go! In fact, it's cheaper than the AF SACD was at list, and AFAIK, that disc is out of print and very expensive to track down.

Well said Jon,

but we also owe a huge thanks to BRUCE BOTNICK our Surround loving Doors Engineer .His support of all things surround by the Doors is a rarity in our world .

I wonder if we can get the Apocalypse Now ---The End song title 5.1 w/choppers intact----with this video set ? Sure would

be nice .:smokin
(Edit ; oh well maybe next time. :rolleyes: )

I seem to have put my size 12 foot in my mouth regarding this release. Since ALL 44 RBCD tracks (B sides, etc) are being mastered from the original analogue masters and DO duplicate the VERY expensive Japanese singles collection in addition to a BD~A 4.0 of Best of the Doors........for ANY Door's fan this does seem to be a NO BRAINER purchase.

At roughly $8 per disc, a potent reminder that when the folks at Warner/Rhino put their collective axes to the grind, nobody does it better [alluding to the ultra fantastic Chicago Quadio boxset]!:banana:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...D9715964E9E055170EDAD9715964E9E05&FORM=VRDGAR

HINT, HINT: Release ALL the Carly Simon QUADS on BD~A......

It's great to see so many online store offering low pre-order prices.

I seem to have put my size 12 foot in my mouth regarding this release. Since ALL 44 RBCD tracks (B sides, etc) are being mastered from the original analogue masters and DO duplicate the VERY expensive Japanese singles collection in addition to a BD~A 4.0 of Best of the Doors........for ANY Door's fan this does seem to be a NO BRAINER purchase.

At roughly $8 per disc, a potent reminder that when the folks at Warner/Rhino put their collective axes to the grind, nobody does it better [alluding to the ultra fantastic Chicago Quadio boxset]!:banana:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...D9715964E9E055170EDAD9715964E9E05&FORM=VRDGAR

HINT, HINT: Release ALL the Carly Simon QUADS on BD~A......

Hey, it happens Ralph.....oh well. I, for one, am pretty excited about this one. I love me some Doors. :)

Woah..this was quick, just placed my pre-order a few hours ago @ amazon.com:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on June 29, 2017 (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

The Doors "The Singles (2CD/1Blu-Ray)"
Estimated arrival date: September 15, 2017

On the up side I might be able to afford it by then (y)

Just pre-ordered my copy. Like some others on here I have the AF SACD of Best of the Doors, but prefer to have a blu-ray copy too. :banana:

Back