The DTS-HD MAS encoder blues finally hit me, too

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I'm getting a weird error on the DTS MA encoder suite "error code 8018" invalid configuration? Trying to build a 5.1 DTS HD MA track from 24 bit wav tracks.

I don't understand. The program was working perfectly fine forever and then it randomly stopped working. I have it installed properly, I have java6 32 bit, and I even tried the disabling network trick, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you need to change your pc back to 2020, but I will have to test

Last edited:
Here too - the same problem. My Audio PC is still on Win10 1903, so that is not the problem.
I've just installed in on a Windows 7 PC as well, tried older JAVA versions... but always the same "error code 8018".
Any ideas?
Regards Martin

Same problem here, guys!
I've got 2 computers with win10 1909 (pc + notebook)
DTS Encoding Suite always worked. Now on pc it is "pending" and on notebook:
Error 8018 - Encoder: Initialization - invalid configuration file

Any ideas?

I never updated Java and my WiFi adapters are disabled!

Here too - the same problem. My Audio PC is still on Win10 1903, so that is not the problem.
I've just installed in on a Windows 7 PC as well, tried older JAVA versions... but always the same "error code 8018".
Any ideas?
Regards Martin
Yep, so apparently, the program stopped working for everyone on the New Year once all computer times were switched to 2021.

For a temporary fix, go to Date & Time settings -> Set Automatically -> Change the year back to 2020.

For a permanent fix, go to your Program Files (x86) -> DTS ->MAS-SAS -> and replace "DtsJobQueue.exe" with this patched version.

darude123 welcome to the forum!

Can anyone confirm the modded DtsJobQueue.exe file enables the encoder to work, before I reinstall it?

I've just tried the patch and it works!

@darude123 Did you do the patch by yourself?
So great, that it works again, thank you!

(We have the DTS:X encoder too, but it's MAC-only and lacks the option for folder encoding, which we need most of the time)

Well....I'm sad to say the patched file did me no favors. I wasn't too surprised, given previously I had to use a virtual machine to get it working.

Anyway the symptoms were the same as always for me....I would kick in the encoder and and it would just sit in the que, pending....

But it was definitely worth a try, and I appreciate the effort patching the executable...way beyond my pay grade.

I've been back to discWelder for a while, anyway, at least it lets me put menu's or slides in.

Well....I'm sad to say the patched file did me no favors. I wasn't too surprised, given previously I had to use a virtual machine to get it working.

Anyway the symptoms were the same as always for me....I would kick in the encoder and and it would just sit in the que, pending....

But it was definitely worth a try, and I appreciate the effort patching the executable...way beyond my pay grade.

I've been back to discWelder for a while, anyway, at least it lets me put menu's or slides in.
Hey dude, this is a problem most likely because your network adapters are enabled. Whenever you restart or shut down your PC they go back to default, and so you need to go back and disable then in your control panel. If you have ethernet/somehow you get lucky like me, you can usually keep your main adapter enabled, but all else needs to be disabled. If no luck, then just go ahead and disable all of them. I'm not talking about disabling wifi on the bottom bar, but actually going into the network adapters control panel settings, right clicking, and pressing disable. I would double check that and it might work for you.

With DTS HD Encoder it will either give you an error code (which will tell you what you need to fix), or it will stick on pending for you. So for anyone else reading this, if you are stuck on pending:
-Disable network adapters
-Install Java 6 32 bit version, if it still doesn't work, uninstall any other modern Java versions temporarily?

The error 8018 / DTS exe fix is purely because of the change from 2020 -> 2021, so if you are stuck on pending then the patch won't help.

(Also, I didn't actually make the patch I got it from another forum)

darude123, appreciate your help.
I am not really following why the network adapter should be disabled....got any details on that? Or links? Something is trying to call home? But I will test it soon.
Otherwise I have;
-Java SE6 32 bit installed, updates are disabled
-Never had any error codes, just gets stuck on pending

darude123, appreciate your help.
I am not really following why the network adapter should be disabled....got any details on that? Or links? Something is trying to call home? But I will test it soon.
Otherwise I have;
-Java SE6 32 bit installed, updates are disabled
-Never had any error codes, just gets stuck on pending
I have no idea why it's a problem, it's just a result of using a very old program on very new computers. But it's a very well documented issue/fix for the past few years. But trust me, it 100% fixed the issue for me. Tested it a bunch, and no matter what, as long as I disable the wifi network adapter it works perfect. On my computer, I can keep my ethernet adapter enabled and it works fine. It's just weird.
Here's a guide How to Enable or Disable Network Adapters on Windows 10?

Yep, so apparently, the program stopped working for everyone on the New Year once all computer times were switched to 2021.

For a temporary fix, go to Date & Time settings -> Set Automatically -> Change the year back to 2020.

For a permanent fix, go to your Program Files (x86) -> DTS ->MAS-SAS -> and replace "DtsJobQueue.exe" with this patched version.
Thank you very much for this patch working well.

Last edited:
Deactivate all Network Adapters and copy the dtsjobqueue32.exe has helped. Now the Programm runs again but i hope this is not the Endsolution.
On my Fileserver i can´t deactivate the Networkadapters, for here i need something different.

But thank you for the 1st help :)

In the laptop instead I have the problem of the process in "Pending" unfortunately here the patch does not work and also disabling the network cards.
I don't know where to act.

Last edited:
I tried on virtual machine with W10 x64 20H2b19042.685 and jre-8u271-windows-i586 Everything works regularly,
the message "pending" returns to the laptop.
In both cases I used the Darude 123 patch, which I thank.

Last edited:
I think, the "pending" problem and the error 8018 are completely different things.
The patch solves error 8018. I had the "pending" a long time ago, and switched to a different java version.
But now everything worked fine (with network enabled and Java 8!). And the patch (where only two bytes are different) solved error 8018, which is a date problem.

I think, the "pending" problem and the error 8018 are completely different things.
The patch solves error 8018. I had the "pending" a long time ago, and switched to a different java version.
But now everything worked fine (with network enabled and Java 8!). And the patch (where only two bytes are different) solved error 8018, which is a date problem.
Which java version? The pending hangup has always plagued me.

What version of Java are you using? I use jre-8u271-windows-i586 both on the desktop pc and on the virtual machine everything works OK, on the laptop instead I get the pending message even disabling all network cards. On the same laptop with vitrual machine everything works regularly, my suspicion that you need to replace the serial of the motherboard perhaps.

Back