The DTS-HD MAS encoder blues finally hit me, too

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did another test, previously saving the operating system image. On the laptop I have formatted installed only the drivers, java and DTS-HD MAS always getting the pending message.

I managed to partially solve the problem. You need to go to the device manager, by typing the command in the search bar, and disable the network card. Not all network cards, I did the test on the laptop and it was necessary to disable only the Wireless network card. Now we need to find a tool that simulates the disabling of the network card, the computer must have a connection for the uses I need.

Screenshot-001.png

Screenshot-002.png

[QUOTE = "darude123, příspěvek: 537311, člen: 14773"]
Ano, program zjevně přestal fungovat pro všechny na Nový rok, jakmile byly všechny počítačové časy přepnuty na rok 2021.

Chcete-li dočasnou opravu, přejděte do Nastavení data a času -> Nastavit automaticky -> Změnit rok zpět na 2020.

Trvalou opravu získáte ve svých programových souborech (x86) -> DTS -> MAS-SAS -> a nahraďte soubor „DtsJobQueue.exe“ touto opravenou verzí .
[/CITÁT]

;-) Díky

So it happened I wanted to do a little project and it was necessary to encode as DTSHD. But no matter what steps I took, the DTS-MAS GUI would not come up. Period. But every try would lodge another instance of DtsJobQueue in the active tasks. So this was not gonna work.
OK once again I installed Virtualbox & a Windows 7 image, worked through some hassles, but eventually got the DTS MAS encoder, Java & AudioMuxer installed. Right out of the gate I got an error from the encoder; so I swapped in the modified DtsJobQueue.exe file and that fixed it.
...until it doesn't, of course. What a pain. But for now, it works.

For those that weren't aware, Pl4it has long had incorporated into AudioMuxer a process to convert from wav or flac MCH files to DTSHD. You simply load your MCH source files and select DTS HD as the output. This will do whatever upfront processing is necessary, ( specifically, converting to mono wav files ), then it will open up the DTS-MAS encoder with a list of mono files displayed, one file at a time, so you can load the mono files easily into the encoder. Of course you must have a working DTS-MAS encoder installed. Still, it's a pretty handy feature.

I'm sure the edited DtsJobQueue.exe deactivates the 2021 time bomb of DTS-HD Encoder for Windows. Unfortunately, it won't solve my particular case, because I've been using the OS X version of DTS-HD MAS. There's a Unix executable named DtsJobQueue within the DTSEncoder app, but the information provided regarding hex-editing the Windows counterpart is insufficient (at least for me) to hex-edit the Unix executable run on Macs. Can anyone provide an edited Unix DtsJobQueue or DTSEncoder.app that will bypass the time bomb? An alternative to uploading such executables would be providing precise instructions to hex-edit the relevant code. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the tip about changing the date back it was a head scratch why DTS-HD MA why was it pulling this error 8018, I didn't have to apply the fix which was shared on this topic, once i changed the year to 2020 it started working again :)

Running Window Server 2019 Build 17763.1757
Java 6 Update 43 (x86)

If anyone is experiencing a pending message when try to encode your file just make sure you only install x86 of java 6 and block all out going connection with your FW or disable your network

Java 6 Update 43

Attachments

• 2202.png
    2202.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
To avoid the pending message.
I have disabling the network connection and using the latest version of Java_Version_8u281_i586 with W10x64 20H2.
With version 6 update 43 is it necessary to disable the network connection?

I got my DTS HD MAS working on my current (new) windows 10 PC today for the first time.

I installed the 64 bit Java 6 runtime. Previously I'd always installed the x86 version. I also replaced the patched DtsJobQueue.exe file with a different one (later date). So a combo of both these now allows me to run again. Previously I had to revert to an old Win10 PC to use (painful):

I'd also previously gone into the the DTS MAS-SAS folder and set the properties of dtshd.exe and DtsJobQueue.exe to run in compatibility mode as 'Windows 7'. Not sure if this needs to be done but that's set on my PC.

THX

Last edited:
I wonder if resetting dtshd.exe & DtsJobQueue.exe to compatibility mode would do on my W7 setup?
When the timebomb hit me, I was blown away that a $1500 piece of software I had paid for a perpetual license for was no longer working.
So I emailed DTS, who told me the product was no longer supported and to upgrade to the DTS-X encoder (mac only).
They also told me that as a workaround, I might want to try resetting my system clock to prior to the start of 2021.
I didn't try that, but I guess it will work.
When you want to run a decode, you have to switch yer system clock back 12 months (and don't try to run Cubendo or hope that your tools of choice are not tied to system clocks) and it ought to work.

FWIW, I guilt tripped DTS into providing a free upgrade to the DTS-X encoder, which runs on herself's Mac Book Pro.
Makes it a feckin' expensive dongle too, I can tell you.
I told DTS that for the price I paid and the fact I have a perpetual license on my iLOK that is not in any way time restricted that the very least they can do is to give me a free upgrade because I am not fiddling about with the system clock on a workstation also using the eLicenser, which will prevent any licensed software running if the system clock is more than about 15 minutes off and I was therefore not prepared to risk it.
It arrived in my inbox the following day.

So the new fix didn't work for me. The encoder just gives a long message about some bs. Sigh.
(the 64 bit Java and DTSjobque replacement I mean) I tried Windows 7 compatibility as wek but no good.
I'm running an up to date Windows 10 Pro x64. FWIW.

I wonder if resetting dtshd.exe & DtsJobQueue.exe to compatibility mode would do on my W7 setup?
When the timebomb hit me, I was blown away that a $1500 piece of software I had paid for a perpetual license for was no longer working.
So I emailed DTS, who told me the product was no longer supported and to upgrade to the DTS-X encoder (mac only).
They also told me that as a workaround, I might want to try resetting my system clock to prior to the start of 2021.
When you want to run a decode, you have to switch yer system clock back 12 months (and don't try to run Cubendo or hope that your tools of choice are not tied to system clocks) and it ought to work.

FWIW, I guilt tripped DTS into providing a free upgrade to the DTS-X encoder, which runs on herself's Mac Book Pro.
I told DTS that for the price I paid and the fact I have a perpetual license on my iLOK that is not in any way time restricted that the very least they can do is to give me a free upgrade because I am not fiddling about with the system clock on a workstation also using the eLicenser, which will prevent any licensed software running if the system clock is more than about 15 minutes off and I was therefore not prepared to risk it.
Good for you, Neil.
DTS sure has some gall. But I suppose no worse than Dolby.

Good for you, Neil.
DTS sure has some gall. But I suppose no worse than Dolby.
I don't have the Dolby Tools.
They have been Mac only for years now, and I will not pay the stupid numbers required.
I still have my (un time-bombed all of them) trusty old encoders, all long since vanished with one notable exception
SurCode MLP Lossless - severely restricted in what MLP Lossless can do, this was the version licensed by Dolby Labs on behalf of Meridian
DTS-Pro series encoder (I use this for DVD work., as it is capable of outputting a padded (.dts) stream whereas the current generations are Compact form (.cpt) only and some authoring tools do not like this as much as padded form. compact only started with the first of the DTS-HD MAS/SAS suites.
SurCode Dolby ProLogic II VST plugin & standalone versions - both of these get more use than you might think, long story too tired to tell it now though.
SurCode Dolby Digital Encoder for adobe Premiere Pro/AME - this will handle DD+ as well as DD regular and just plugs into Adobe's Premiere Pro.
I also still have installed - and in use - the Steinberg Dolby Digital Encoder (because it also decodes) and the Steinberg DTS encoder. Both run from Nuendo export dialogue, bith 32-bit only & both long since dumped & discontinued by Steinberg. There's a shocker, huh?
My old DTS-HD MAS is useless though - it simply does not encode anything I have tried, although the StreamPlayer still runs as it should.

ANYBODY here who has a legitimate license for the DTS-HD MAS/SAS really should tell DTS to give them a free upgrade, as they are in breach of contract with you over their timebombed software. A perpetual license should be just that, and not timebombed.

This is the kind of GARBAGE done by software companies that should be prohibited by law. It is how to cheat the consumer. Once they have made a product, it should be supported forever. This especially should be applied to operating systems.

Everything is geared toward the bottom line. But it's not relegated to the giants in software for audio.
(bail now,personal gripe coming)
In the wake of absolutely astronomical graphics card prices, I recent resurrected my 3 HD 7950 video cards. I also own and use a 390x daily. These 4 cards represent an investment of over $1000.
Yet the announcement was made by AMD that going forward, these will no longer be supported. It's not like we're asking for a warranty.....

Did you know the "old" 1050TI video cards are going from $280 - $350?
Greed and the "bottom line" in business practices today. Pay as little taxes as possible and screw the buying public at every opportunity, while CEO's get megabucks, even if they're dumber than hell.

In the wake of absolutely astronomical graphics card prices

Unless you are into gaming there’s no reason to purchase a dedicated graphics card these days. Certainly not for video as modern CPUs from Intel, AMD etc all have HD/4K video decoding and encoding built in.

Back