The DVD-A Workshop forum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Moly, they've already fixed whatever the problem was. DVD-A, and 24 bit 192 is probably going to be in my future at some point.

I just got an email with a link to a new beta. It works!

Time to play with it when I get time.

I know it's doable. I'm just not finding the info on it. Maybe it's nothing more than a regular DVD. Dunno.

Here's a link to dozens for sale in this format. If this isn't allowed, will the mods please delete it?

http://store.acousticsounds.com/category.cfm?id=25

Thanks for the link on the software. It looks like I can have the best of both worlds at an affordable cost.

Well it seems that if I really want to just put 24 bit 96 kHz wavs to a DVD then all I need is a proggie called DVD-Audio Creator. No compression needed and the proggie is pretty cheap. Around 30 bucks. The other thing is the DVD will play on pretty much any DVD player.

I should mention that it works like a champ but as far as I can tell, no gapless recording.

Now if I could only find a sound card I like for the conversons. I'm using an M-Audio 192 card and I'm having troubles getting a strong enough signal. Even with a Bellari tube preamp for the turntable... I have to boost the signal in the digital domain.

Maybe Niles or someone can chime in if that's a bad idea or not.

That looks more likely.
Sorry to be such a pedant about this, but I see so many misleading statements (not here, I hasten to add) where the term "DVD-Audio" is misused when referring to Music DVD-Video format.
24/96 stereo streams will all play, but as we all know, older players may well truncate to 16 bits or decimate the sample rate down to 48KHz.

Hi!

Starting a website where people can stream hi rez 5.1 flac (maybe the first in the world??).
It shall be like Bandcamp but better quality and artist can choose to allow stream of full album or some tracks of it. And if people would like to buy it, they should choose between digital download of flac or a disc shiped out.

But what program can I get/buy to create good DVD's or Blueray's now a day?

Right now I can use AudioMuxer to make a AVCHD-DVD in 48-24 or 96-24. They are playable on Bluray players but not DVD players, right? Or can newer DVD player run the AVCHHD-DVD's?

But I having a problem with a album with around 6 gb wav; That can't be on an ordenary DVD. I'm afraid double layer DVD-R don't live for long and would prefer single layer DVD's (But they have max at 4,6 gb)

Can any DVD/BD player use mkv with flac?

And I wonder how many only can play 5.1 from DVD or BD-player:
Any in here who knows how many % of the members who can play:
1. MC flac files
2. Can burn MC flac to their own DVD/BD
3. Can only play DVD/BD/SACD

Hi from Jan

Hi Jon,
Can you lead me to the right place.
I recorded a live concert with four microphones in each corner of the room. I want to simply burn a four channel disc.
do I create an iso? on dvd-A
The tracks are .wav and I have a mac.

Where can I find some assistance.

Hi Jon,
I recorded a live concert with four microphones in each corner of the room. I want to simply burn a four channel disc.

My short answer is not very inspiring..
YOU CAN'T!
Unless you have Logic pro 8, in which case it will downsample it to 48K..
Mind you , I COULD be wrong...

Hi Jon,
I recorded a live concert with four microphones in each corner of the room. I want to simply burn a four channel disc

I don't have a MAC, and I'm a few thousand miles from home, so no acess to my PC, plus I have imbibed a few (or more beers)! I'd read the .wav files into Audacity, assign channels and create a 4.0 or 5.0 (with silent Centre), then create a multichannel FLAC file, put that into Cirlinca HD Audio Solo Ultra and get it to produce a DVD-A or BD-A. Then burn to disc. Unfortunately I don't think they are available for a MAC.

I don't have a MAC, and I'm a few thousand miles from home, so no acess to my PC, plus I have imbibed a few (or more beers)! I'd read the .wav files into Audacity, assign channels and create a 4.0 or 5.0 (with silent Centre), then create a multichannel FLAC file, put that into Cirlinca HD Audio Solo Ultra and get it to produce a DVD-A or BD-A. Then burn to disc. Unfortunately I don't think they are available for a MAC.

This. That's about the simplest way I can see. As for a MAC, I have no idea. Either that or you can send the files to someone who can do it for you on a PC.

pretty sure DVDAE is on the Mac..
(either that or I've got the s/w I rip DVD-A's with confused with something else!)
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I COULD be wrong; but, if there were a Mac version of DVDAE , I'd have had it by now...maybe it was someone running the Windoze boot camp on a Mac....
Cheers!
:smokin

Can you get a Windows Virtual Machine for the MAC?

I have used Linux Virtual Machines running on Windows, getting at/using peripherals can be an issue though. Somebody somewhere must have developed a Windows VM for the MAC. That would solve a few issues, probably not cheap to buy as its to run on a MAC.

Can you get a Windows Virtual Machine for the MAC?

I have used Linux Virtual Machines running on Windows, getting at/using peripherals can be an issue though. Somebody somewhere must have developed a Windows VM for the MAC. That would solve a few issues, probably not cheap to buy as its to run on a MAC.

there's a thing called WINE (not the liquid I love) which is like a Windows environment on a Mac type thing. I've fiddled around with it in the past, its ok but i've got no patience these days, especially with computers and electronic equipment, if something doesn't work after the first few goes I just give up and do something else instead, I used to relish the challenge but beating my head against the wall with all that gives me a headache now!

Have I told you I love you? ;)
BTW, Don't know why the hell I had never seen that...maybe it's new and since my Mac is old (10.6.8!), it wouldn't have been compatible!!
Does it author to DVD-A, It looks to me like a ripper and converter, I see no mention of creating vob files, or anything going to DVD, only coming from DVD?

Re: dvdae

Back