The DVD-A Workshop forum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it author to DVD-A, It looks to me like a ripper and converter, I see no mention of creating vob files, or anything going to DVD, only coming from DVD?

Re: dvdae
Great question. I am still searching for a Mac program that simply burns my four files to .iso

Given the difficulty in getting/replacing DVD-A players, isn't it more sensible to author AVCHD disks?

Given the difficulty in getting/replacing DVD-A players, isn't it more sensible to author AVCHD disks?
DVD-A players are not hard to find used imo. And Oppos, do they play AVCHD? I thought that they do not. But I am not sure.

If I am going through the trouble to author the content, I want a read DVD to have.

DVD-A players are not hard to find used imo. And Oppos, do they play AVCHD? I thought that they do not. But I am not sure.

If I am going through the trouble to author the content, I want a read DVD to have.
Most if not all Blu-ray players play AVCHD disks.

I'd guess they are easier to find than any other type of player.

Last edited:
I believe you can do regular Blu-ray disk as easily as AVCHD disks with AudioMuxer, if that is more palatable.

I think the AVCHD format is for these non-standard applications, but it might make no difference.

I hope that Neil guy does drop by and let us know about the new DVDA projects he is working on.

I have several dts wav files complete with cue files. I’ve been trying to put them on dvds, but have had no luck. When I put the files in audiomuxer, I can’t find any way to execute. There’s no way to do anything with them once I put them in. I feel like I’m so close! Has anybody else run into this problem?

I have several dts wav files complete with cue files. I’ve been trying to put them on dvds, but have had no luck. When I put the files in audiomuxer, I can’t find any way to execute. There’s no way to do anything with them once I put them in. I feel like I’m so close! Has anybody else run into this problem?

Have you tried burning them to CD as you would any standard CD?

Have you tried burning them to CD as you would any standard CD?
himey has a good point. Are they 44.1 Khz or 48? If they are 44.1 then you can open the cue file with ImgBurn and burn to a CD.
But AudioMuxer should give a warning if you try to make a DVD with 44.1 files.

BTW you might read the AudioMuxer help file and see if you are missing something.

So I have used DVD Extractor to convert all of my DVD-As/DVD-Vs/DualDiscs successfully to flac files to play 5.1 via USB in my ‘21 Acura TLX without any issues. I used the same program to create a DTSCD, converting to .dtswav + .cue files then using ImgBurn to burn the DTSCD. Going on a long road trip in my friend’s ‘15 Acura RDX that only plays 5.1 DTSCDs. I can make a 5.1 DTSCD but there is a mid to low frequency that can only be described as diarrhea-like. Any suggestions besides Imodium? Thanks.

So I have used DVD Extractor to convert all of my DVD-As/DVD-Vs/DualDiscs successfully to flac files to play 5.1 via USB in my ‘21 Acura TLX without any issues. I used the same program to create a DTSCD, converting to .dtswav + .cue files then using ImgBurn to burn the DTSCD. Going on a long road trip in my friend’s ‘15 Acura RDX that only plays 5.1 DTSCDs. I can make a 5.1 DTSCD but there is a mid to low frequency that can only be described as diarrhea-like. Any suggestions besides Imodium? Thanks.
Get a better converting program?
Do you own any DTS-CD's that you think sound OK? Or do you not like all DTS-CD's? Because if you don't like them, why bother I guess I'm saying.
Otherwise it could be several things in the chain.

EDIT: I honestly do not know how well the program you use compiles the DTS. For me the gold standard would be a commercial disc, i.e., one where wav was compiled to DTS with something like Surcode or DTS's own encoder.
But save that, some people can't stomach lossless lossy and I don't know a cure fix for that. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Don't get Faasoft Audio Converter software, it doesn't work properly and put clicks & noise in the DTS when I tried it. I now longer even try to make discs.

Note: post edited for accuracy.

For a professional DTS CD, you start with individual 16 bit / 44.1 KhZ files for each channel and need to convert them into the proper DTS format for a DTS CD. Once you’ve done this for all the songs for the disc, you can use a basic CD burner program. You also need 2 seconds of silence before encoding on track 1. Otherwise, you’ll miss two seconds of the first song during playback.

You can extract tracks from a commercial DTS CD and burn with a regular CD burning program. But to create a proper DTS CD requires the right program, with right files in correct format. Check the QQ archives.

It’s been a while, but if memory serves, you can’t make a DTS CD from DVD .dtswav files and just burning a disc with ImgBurn.

The dtswav files are for DVDs, not DTS CDs. You should check the DTS CD workshop threads here.

Basically, you start with individual 16 bit / 44.1 KhZ files for each channel and need to convert them into the proper DTS format for a DTS CD. Once you’ve done this for all the songs for the disc, you can use a basic CD burner program. You also need 2 seconds of silence before encoding on track 1. Otherwise, you’ll miss two seconds of the first song during playback.

You can extract tracks from a commercial DTS CD and burn with a regular CD burning program. But to create a proper DTS CD requires the right program, with right files in correct format. Check the QQ archives.
Weird. The distortion was just on a Pioneer DVD player that plays DTS CD copies of my original DTS CDs fine. But these DTS CDs I burned with ImgBurn from DVD-As played distorted on the Pioneer. But when I tried them on a Samsung Blu-Ray player they played perfectly in 5.1. I didn’t have to convert individual channels. DVD Extractor just creates one .dtswav file and one .cue file for the entire album. With ImgBurn you just select that .cue file sitting in the same folder as the .dtswav, select write the image and it burns the CD with somehow the individual tracks.
Thanks for the tip on the 2 second gap as the few discs I made did clip the first song.

Weird. The distortion was just on a Pioneer DVD player that plays DTS CD copies of my original DTS CDs fine. But these DTS CDs I burned with ImgBurn from DVD-As played distorted on the Pioneer. But when I tried them on a Samsung Blu-Ray player they played perfectly in 5.1. I didn’t have to convert individual channels. DVD Extractor just creates one .dtswav file and one .cue file for the entire album. With ImgBurn you just select that .cue file sitting in the same folder as the .dtswav, select write the image and it burns the CD with somehow the individual tracks.
Thanks for the tip on the 2 second gap as the few discs I made did clip the first song.
Good tip on the leading silence. IIRC, the original Steve Miller Band Fly Like An Eagle DTS CD clipped the first few seconds. Years later they printed a new copy that corrected that. (20th Anniversary? IDK)
I mentioned how to burn with ImgBurn and cue file in an earlier post but I guess you missed it.

One of my older Oppo's starting having problems with glitches with DTS-CD's. Eventually I took the cover off and cleaned the laser lens and that fixed it.

Good tip on the leading silence. IIRC, the original Steve Miller Band Fly Like An Eagle DTS CD clipped the first few seconds. Years later they printed a new copy that corrected that. (20th Anniversary? IDK)
I mentioned how to burn with ImgBurn and cue file in an earlier post but I guess you missed it.

One of my older Oppo's starting having problems with glitches with DTS-CD's. Eventually I took the cover off and cleaned the laser lens and that fixed it.
I’ll try cleaning the lens. Thanks. It is odd that it is just this batch of CDs it doesn’t like. As for clipping of the first song (Fly Like An Eagle) I think this is the case with Band on the Run DTS CD as well. The first few guitar notes are missing from the first track.

Back