The DVD-A Workshop forum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll try cleaning the lens. Thanks. It is odd that it is just this batch of CDs it doesn’t like. As for clipping of the first song (Fly Like An Eagle) I think this is the case with Band on the Run DTS CD as well. The first few guitar notes are missing from the first track.
Some players are slow to pick up dts as well, it seems. But would not doubt for one minute it could be the discs. Disc blank quality just seems to keep inching down, although my big gripe is DL Blu-Ray discs, first, and DL DVD next, although not as much with the DL DVD for me. Verbatim has their premium DL DVD inkjet printable (98319 I think) discs prices jacked into the stratosphere. Verbatim used to be the gold standard but I get as many coasters with the DL BD discs as from all but the very cheapest ones. (even burning at 2x) I wish Panasonic was cheaper than they are, they are recommended by LG (or were) for their BD burners.
For CD's I just buy 100 PlexDisc inkjet printable but really never had many coasters from regular CD's that I remember.

There are 2 different versions of “Band on the Run” DTS CD. One with a purple label and another with a yellow label (If I remember 10 years ago). The first version actually has 2 seconds missing, the second version corrected this, although oddly, in Mono in 4 speakers. That is, if I remember right.

I didn’t know DVD Extractor could convert files now to a DTS CD, and burn with ImgBurn, so please ignore that part of the post. I haven’t tried this method yet, but it looks good:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...to-dts-cd-5-1-super-easy-free-software.31413/
I paid $100 in the late 2000’s for Minnetonka SurCode DTS CD encoder. It was professional software. Unfortunately, in addition to the serial numbers one received with the software, you had to get more numbers from Minnetonka. Not sure if they’re even in business anymore. I can’t reinstall without the extra serial numbers.

Have you tried burning them to CD as you would any standard CD?
[/QUOTE
After you get all the settings like you want them, hit mux?
B840398D-8358-4EBF-B0EC-5357358808F9.jpeg
I get this message, so I tried the mkv, but I have no idea what to do with the mkv file.

Before you said they were wav + cue. Now you are calling it an mkv?

Get the properties of the original wav using media info or something else and find out what you have. Nobody here can help you without that info.

My bet is the wav is 16 bit and 44.1 hhz. In that case it is dts within a standard CD spec, so you would treat it like any other CD. You can burn it to a standard CD. It won't burn to a DVD.

Before you said they were wav + cue. Now you are calling it an mkv?

Get the properties of the original wav using media info or something else and find out what you have. Nobody here can help you without that info.

My bet is the wav is 16 bit and 44.1 hhz. In that case it is dts within a standard CD spec, so you would treat it like any other CD. You can burn it to a standard CD. It won't burn to a DVD.
It is wav + cue. When I mux to dvd, it says it will only mux to mkv. I don’t know what to do with an mkv.

It is wav + cue. When I mux to dvd, it says it will only mux to mkv. I don’t know what to do with an mkv.

Wav files have different attributes. Can't help without knowing them as I mentioned before. Good luck.

FYI DVD Extractor seems to only convert 6 channel DVD releases to .dtswav but will not convert quad or 5 channel DVD-As.

The error message says it all. You can't create a DVD with 44.1 kHz files. Use AudioMuxer or some other program to upsample to 48kHz (although I've never tried upsampling a DTS file, you may have to convert to pcm wav or flac first).

OK. Apparently AudioMuxer will not directly convert a dts wav to 48kHz unless you have surcode DTS DVD installed.
Suggest you convert to pcm wav or flac, upsample to 48kHz, then....? Unless you have a DTS encoder capable of using 48kHz files, I just don't know. eac might.

Is there a way to make a copy of a DVD-Audio disc WITHOUT any of the lossy streams on the original; in other words, only the lossless stream? The disc player in my car will play DVD-Audio discs, but if they have any lossy streams, those are all it will play. I have a couple of discs that have only lossless streams, and it plays them just fine.

There is no option in the player menu to tell it to play lossless streams. I can choose between Dolby and DTS when it detects them. Neither the disc player nor the USB input will play multichannel FLAC files. The disc player also will not play discs that have no Video folder.

Is there a way to make a copy of a DVD-Audio disc WITHOUT any of the lossy streams on the original; in other words, only the lossless stream? The disc player in my car will play DVD-Audio discs, but if they have any lossy streams, those are all it will play. I have a couple of discs that have only lossless streams, and it plays them just fine.

There is no option in the player menu to tell it to play lossless streams. I can choose between Dolby and DTS when it detects them. Neither the disc player nor the USB input will play multichannel FLAC files. The disc player also will not play discs that have no Video folder.
I would think you would use DVD Audio Extractor to get the lossless files. Then you need to create a DVD-Audio disc with those files. For that you need a program like DVD-Audio Solo. Maybe there is an option using AudioMuxer?

Provided the disc isn't protected, you need to copy the AUDIO_TS folder and use ImgBurn to create a new .iso, then burn it to disc.. That 's the simplest, easiest way.
Once you've copied the folder, open ImgBurn and select Mode/Build from the menu. Then select or drag the folder into the window. ImgBurn should recognize that you want to create a DVDA .iso file. Once it creates the new .iso, just burn it to disc.

EDIT: You need to select Options, then make sure it says ISO9660+UDF, v.1.02. That's all I got time for right now but I can check in later if you aren't familiar with ImgBurn I can help you.

Last edited:
Provided the disc isn't protected, you need to copy the AUDIO_TS folder and use ImgBurn to create a new .iso, then burn it to disc.. That 's the simplest, easiest way.
Once you've copied the folder, open ImgBurn and select Mode/Build from the menu. Then select or drag the folder into the window. ImgBurn should recognize that you want to create a DVDA .iso file. Once it creates the new .iso, just burn it to disc.

EDIT: You need to select Options, then make sure it says ISO9660+UDF, v.1.02. That's all I got time for right now but I can check in later if you aren't familiar with ImgBurn I can help you.
And, If I recall correctly, ImgBurn creates a VIDEO_TS folder for compliance, it will be empty.

I presume most, if not all, of the discs I want to do this with are copy-protected. Even if they aren't, how would this procedure create a copy of the discs without the lossy streams?

I presume most, if not all, of the discs I want to do this with are copy-protected. Even if they aren't, how would this procedure create a copy of the discs without the lossy streams?
Lossy streams would be found in the original VIDEO_TS (the original of which was discarded, although an empty folder will be created by the process for compliance).
AUDIO_TS has the DVD-A MLP stream.

Conversely, this is why if one looks at the files of a regular DVD there will be an empty AUDIO_TS. Hence, only lossy.

I think the part you missed was this is 1) extraction + 2) building a disc (ISO) where the lossy tracks in VIDEO_TS are discarded and a blank VIDEO_TS is used instead in making the new disc image.

DVD Audio Extractor + DVD Audio Solo over here. I specify FLACs output and have no concerns with copy protection.

I think the part you missed was this is 1) extraction + 2) building a disc (ISO) where the lossy tracks in VIDEO_TS are discarded and a blank VIDEO_TS is used instead in making the new disc image.

DVD Audio Extractor + DVD Audio Solo over here. I specify FLACs output and have no concerns with copy protection.
You still have a copy of DVD Audio Solo working?? Wow. I bought a copy years ago but I gave up on it (reactivation after 1000 Windows reinstalls) and just use discWelder now to author a DVDA.

You still have a copy of DVD Audio Solo working? just use discWelder now to author a DVDA.
Yeah, luckily grandfathered in somehow. I used to have to copy / paste the license data in once a year or so, but haven't had to do that for a while.

Never got to Disc Welder myself; being an older program as well, I guess that never has any license issues?

EDIT: I also figured out how to use DVD Audio Extractor on two computers from one purchase. ;)

Yeah, luckily grandfathered in somehow. I used to have to copy / paste the license data in once a year or so, but haven't had to do that for a while.

Never got to Disc Welder myself; being an older program as well, I guess that never has any license issues?

EDIT: I also figured out how to use DVD Audio Extractor on two computers from one purchase. ;)
No problem with discWelder, and it still works on Windows 11. for now at least.
EoH tutored me on how to make a DVDA-V, as some like to call it, or hybrid DVDA. But I have not created a Video_TS folder for discWelder in years, nor used DVDLab Pro in years. There's another program called DVD Menu Studio that, incredibly, is still being sold after all these years. I sometimes use it to help create the menu structure for DVDA's. While you can create your own menu's in discWelder to a point (or it will create a simple menu for you) , it's not a full blown program like Sonic. But for Sonic Neil Wilkes says you have to have a dedicated Windows XP machine.

I've tutored a few people on discWelder, trying to pass along what I know, but hardly anyone wants to these days. I don't bother with it very often anymore, since I jailbroke my Oppo it plays .iso files. There is a person here at QQ that has the menu's down pretty good, better than I. ;)

Back