The Grand Slam of surround mixes club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmithers

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
With a few recent Atmos releases there are some albums to have reached the Grand Slam of different mixes… Quadraphonic, 5.1 and now a Dolby Atmos mix to complete the set! 🏆

Gold level

Carly Simon - No Secrets
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
The Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

I suppose you could say there’s a few classical titles as well like Holst - The Planets and Stravinsky’s Firebird… However in this particular case the subsequent 5.1/object based mixes are just ambient compared to the quad - it’s not worth considering them really…

A bit more cheating…

Gentle Giant - Freehand
Ten Years After - A Space In Time

Both have a quad, 5.1 and an Atmos mix but the last 2 mixes came from the same release so don’t think it really counts…

Silver level

Albums that have a realistic chance of joining the club - ie have both a quad and a 5.1 mix already and are likely candidates for a possible future Atmos/360RA mix...

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
Deep Purple - Machine Head
The Doobie Brothers - The Captain And Me
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Marvin Gaye - Let’s Get It On
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Billy Cobham - Spectrum
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East
Carole King - Tapestry
John Lennon - Imagine
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
(Steven Wilson has said he’s not averse to expanding previous 5.1 mixes into Atmos)
Jethro Tull - WarChild
Chicago - Chicago (II)
plus an unreleased 5.1 X. Actually some songs did make it onto a compilation ‘Best Of Chicago’ Atmos release..

I’m sure there’s a few more... ?

Last edited:
Wouldn’t this be called a Triple Crown? Grand Slam applies to four in both baseball and tennis. But no doubt that one day there will be yet another surround release beyond Atmos. 🥴
Ha yeah maybe?! Perhaps the fourth will be a future inspired telepathic mix that requires no speakers and magically transmits a 22.4.22 array into your brain directly... 🧘‍♂️:)

Ha yeah maybe?! Perhaps the fourth will be a future inspired telepathic mix that requires no speakers and magically transmits a 22.4.22 array into your brain directly... 🧘‍♂️:)
And I’ll bet you a quid that it’ll be highly compressed audio...Then Paul and SDE will still have a market for their Blu-ray’s.

(Now look what you’ve done. :ROFLMAO:)

I hear this feature will be included in Surround Master V5.0? Along with the CD-4 decoder!

With a few recent Atmos releases there are some albums to have reached the Grand Slam of different mixes… Quadraphonic, 5.1 and now a Dolby Atmos mix to complete the set! 🏆

Gold level

Carly Simon - No Secrets
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
The Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

I suppose you could say there’s a few classical titles as well like Holst - The Planets and Stravinsky’s Firebird… However in this particular case the subsequent 5.1/object based mixes are just ambient compared to the quad - it’s not worth considering them really…

A bit more cheating…

Gentle Giant - Freehand
Ten Years After - A Space In Time

Both have a quad, 5.1 and an Atmos mix but the last 2 mixes came from the same release so don’t think it really counts…

Silver level

Albums that have a realistic chance of joining the club - ie have both a quad and a 5.1 mix already and are likely candidates for a possible future Atmos/360RA mix...

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle
Deep Purple - Machine Head
The Doobie Brothers - The Captain And Me
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Marvin Gaye - Let’s Get It On
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Billy Cobham - Spectrum
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East
Carole King - Tapestry
John Lennon - Imagine
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
(Steven Wilson has said he’s not averse to expanding previous 5.1 mixes into Atmos)
Jethro Tull - WarChild
Chicago - Chicago (II)
plus an unreleased 5.1 X. Actually some songs did make it onto a compilation ‘Best Of Chicago’ Atmos release..

I’m sure there’s a few more... ?
Imagine has an Atmos mix… released with the Ultimate Collection reissue.

Back