THE INVOLVE 6 CHANNEL MINI CLASS D AMP - EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucky3042

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Dear surround extremists

I promised in another thread a bunch of new shinny presents, well here is the first. Our mini MONSTER 6 Channel class D amplifier. All 6 channels can be used as straight amplifiers but channels 5 and 6 have an switchable bass EQ characteristic to act as woofer amp if desired.

Do not be fooled by its small size it really has serious low impedance drive grunt and is rated down to 2 Ohms. We have been running our electrostatics on it. I will be driving my new super giant tri amped electrostatic in a few months time when its built (it will be my full range replacement for my Nakamichi Dragon electrostatics but I will keep a set for myself).

On top of this it has really good soft clipping, very much like a valve amplifier. On tests you really cannot hear clipping yet the clip LEDS are flashing away, so in practice it really gives you a great overload capability.

The first 20 is being offered to you guys first and I remind you that there is an additional $50 QQ discount to existing members.

This little beast has really surprised me so much so that my beloved ROTEL amp I have loaned to a mate while my house has been getting renovated can stay at his house, I wont ask for it back! Trust me on this one, you will be shocked on how good it is, Dave the Bitch had really done a good job!

1652147518475.png

It's on pre order now as we are still waiting on the cardboard box delivery but they will go out in a few weeks (I have already purchased one of them- I really do pay for my own stuff!)

https://involveaudio.com/product/amp-master/

Last edited:
Very nice and exciting! Nicely done Involve! A couple quick questions...

Power to 8 ohms? 30W?

S/N ratio?

These first units are the same dimension as the SMv3. The next generation will be larger than the SM in width, depth, both?

I don't know what a woofer EQ is for exactly, but if electrostatics are not in use, then nothing to bother with?

Very nice and exciting! Nicely done Involve! A couple quick questions...

Power to 8 ohms? 30W?

S/N ratio?

These first units are the same dimension as the SMv3. The next generation will be larger than the SM in width, depth, both?

I don't know what a woofer EQ is for exactly, but if electrostatics are not in use, then nothing to bother with?
Hi LV-B
Sorry about the late reply, its been a busy day.

Lots of really good questions there. The main thing is this is a class D with nominally 30 V rails (actually slightly higher) and we operate the chip in PBTL mode or two in parallel per channel. At 8 ohms you would reasonably expect good performance to 50 W all channels running. It is supplied with an external 300 W SMPS power supply lump. Music is typically not continuous on all 6 channels and so this is well rated and the class D is around 95% efficient.

Below is a summary of our configuration:
1652186195972.png

Although 1% distortion sounds a lot , its very soft clipped and you really cannot hear it. In its linear range the distortion is crazy low at 0.005% between 1 Watt to around 80 W depending on the load impedance. Oh and the signal to noise ratio is not too shabby at 112 dB:

1652186425504.png

Like I said its a mini monster!

Regarding the case, we have created a new extrusion to fit the transformer electronics of our new Desk top electrostatic speaker (200 Hz to 20 kHz, wide dispersion!). It needed to be around 7 mm higher, so when it arrives in a month or so we will slowly move to this higher case on all our models including the new pre amp that Dave the Bitch is spending way too long to finish (bastard keeps being distracted). A feature of the new case is that it looks the same but it includes ribs that make it stack-able.

Re the woofer EQ, yes it is used with our dual 5 inch woofer but the characteristic is very generic and useful for most woofers. Dave will attempt to plot its characteristic for you guys in a few days time.

Hey you guys Chucky is fully back to normal (by my standards) and my brain sorta works again!

Hey team

Just a heads up, the first batch will be heading out the door this Wednesday 10 August, 60% have already been sold so hop in before you will have to wait.

Disregard my previous post.....I lied.

So...which part was the lie? How long to be available - longer than 3, less than, not at all...or is it more than 1 cm taller, shorter....same?

Is this related to Dave the Guacamole Face...?
I lied on the delivery date, we are ahead of what I said. Truth is all turned to shit a week or two ago as we had a failure to communicate (Chris did not listen), we wanted to standardise on the newer (1/3 of the price and generally better box that Chris designed for both the current run of the surround master and the new amplifier. Trouble is that concept did not happen and was not ordered - so we are continuing with the old box on this run of surround masters.

On the amp there was an additional failure to communicate between Chris and Guacamole face re dimension changes to front/ back panel and the front PCB....all stuffed up. So it looked like the amplifier was 3 months off........I was less than happy. Then Chris got the bright idea to proceed with existing panels and use the friggin expensive case ($50 now!!) for this first run of amplifiers so we could satisfy orders.........YAY!

So good news is the amplifiers are going out starting tomorrow but they are the same height as the good ol blue eyed monster of 58 mm including feet. The next run of the amplifier will be slightly higher with the new box at 65 mm including feet and the new box for the desktop speakers will be 74 mm including feet.

Sorry, my head is getting rattled, I will go to my happy place now

Last edited:
I lied on the delivery date, we are ahead of what I said. Truth is all turned to shit a week or two ago as we had a failure to communicate (Chris did not listen), we wanted to standardise on the newer (1/3 of the price and generally better box that Chris designed for both the current run of the surround master and the new amplifier. Trouble is that concept did not happen and was not ordered - so we are continuing with the old box on this run of surround masters.

On the amp there was an additional failure to communicate between Chris and Guacamole face re dimension changes to front/ back panel and the front PCB....all stuffed up. So it looked like the amplifier was 3 months off........I was less than happy. Then Chris got the bright idea to proceed with existing panels and use the friggin expensive case ($50 now!!) for this first run of amplifiers so we could satisfy orders.........YAY!

So good news is the amplifiers are going our starting tomorrow but they are the same height as the good ol blue eyed monster of 58 mm including feet. The next run of the amplifier will be slightly higher with the new box at 635 mm including feet and the new box for the desktop speakers will be 74 mm including feet.

Drop and do 50

So good news is the amplifiers are going out starting tomorrow but they are the same height as the good ol blue eyed monster of 58 mm including feet. The next run of the amplifier will be slightly higher with the new box at 65 mm including feet and the new box for the desktop speakers will be 74 mm including feet.

I really have completely lost the plot and the wheels are rattling on my little red wagon. I am informed today by Chris that the next production run on the 6 channel amp will be using the tallest case.........74 mm including feet, the current one is the same height as ol blue eyes.

Humph

Back