• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

The IT Crowd

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I don't know how many others here have seen this.... I've watched the series all way through a year or so ago. I just rewayched the 1st episode & I'm hooked again:

Brilliant writing, amazing actors, doofus characters. Just the thing to take your mind off the troubles of real life.
Highly recommended.

Hamilton59

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I don't know how many others here have seen this.... I've watched the series all way through a year or so ago. I just rewayched the 1st episode & I'm hooked again:

Brilliant writing, amazing actors, doofus characters. Just the thing to take your mind off the troubles of real life.
Highly recommended.
That is a hilarious series! I've watched the series three times through by now I'd guess...... great fun and highly recommended!!! Off hand, the episode where they go to the theater and end up in a wheel chair, or working behind the bar.....too funny!
......have you restarted your computer?

jefe1

Thanks I will have to check this out.

In the meantime I just finished watching the Netflix series Dark. Set in a small German town it involves time travel missing children characters meeting their younger and older selves. Fascinating. It is dubbed in English no subtitles. There are three prime time periods it revolves between. Im reluctant to say more and give away spoilers.

Sonik Wiz

QQ Supporter

In the meantime I just finished watching the Netflix series Dark. Set in a small German town it involves time travel missing children characters meeting their younger and older selves. Fascinating. It is dubbed in English no subtitles. There are three prime time periods it revolves between. Im reluctant to say more and give away spoilers.
I was unaware of the series Dark. I just saw the trailer & I'm sure it will be watched tonight. Whether it's BTTF or something else I am generally a sucker for time travel stories. I don't think it's on Netflix but one of faves of all time is the anime Steins; Gate.

Also see John Titor.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Have you tried turning it off and on again?? ARE YOU SURE IT'S PLUGGED IN????

Freaking CLASSIC series...love it

ohh, by the way... I have the internet in a box here

Sonik Wiz

QQ Supporter
Have you tried turning it off and on again??
In fact it was the way they always asnswed the phone: Hello IT department have you tried turning it off and back on again?

ohh, by the way... I have the internet in a box here

T
hanks.I've been looking for it. Don't forget the secret to success is women's slacks.

IMachine

QQ Supporter

Highly recommended.
Wow! Thank you very much!
You made my day!
I‘m watching right now! Superfunny!

Beefalo

QQ Supporter

Dark - I'm using an Atmos Upmix with the ceiling speakers cranked. Sounds great !

Sonik Wiz

QQ Supporter
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Very funny show.

Sad it ended, but at least the Brits quit while they're ahead.
Agree about that. So do the Japanese. They don't start a show & try to run it ad infinitum. Like Friends et al. 12 or 24 eps make the story arc, great to the end .

bob.stek

I don't know if it is still available but there was a US pilot of the first episode made - and with Richard Ayoade in his original role. It was 95% identical in dialogue, yet it totally fell flat! If you can find it, it's worth seeing to appreciate how brilliant the original is.

Sonik Wiz

QQ Supporter
I don't know if it is still available but there was a US pilot of the first episode made - and with Richard Ayoade in his original role. It was 95% identical in dialogue, yet it totally fell flat! If you can find it, it's worth seeing to appreciate how brilliant the original is.
I have seen that! And you are point on. So close to the original, so terrible. I'm glad The Office translated better.

Group builder