The Kinks Box Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had had the money back in the day I would have bought a Betamax. It had, arguably, the better technology of the competing formats. After that marketing debacle, I totally avoided HDD and Blu Ray until Blu Ray was considered the winner. And I never spent one red cent on DIVX.
I also waited for the HD-DVD and Blu-ray format war to be over before investing in blu-ray.

All I need from the Kinks is mono Lps of Kontroversy and Something Else, from analog tapes. Kontroversy is available (new) by itself but it is difficult to assess which release is from analog tapes. Something Else is only available (new) in the mono Kinks box.

All I need from the Kinks is mono Lps of Kontroversy and Something Else, from analog tapes. Kontroversy is available (new) by itself but it is difficult to assess which release is from analog tapes. Something Else is only available (new) in the mono Kinks box.
The Kink kontroversy is good too, and Kinda Kinks, is Kinda good too......

I love "Lola vs...", especially "The air pollution is a fucking up my eyes", er, "fogging?" :ROFLMAO:

Apeman (song) - Wikipedia

The Kinks caused some controversy, because in the line "...the air pollution is a-foggin' up my eyes...", the word "a-foggin'" sounded too much like "a-fucking'". Like the band's previous single "Lola" where Ray Davies had to change "Coca-Cola" to "cherry cola", he again had to fly back to London to re-record this line, dubbing over with a more clear "a-foggin'" prior to its single release, in turn causing a delay in the US single release of the song. The original lyric remains intact on the album, and is heard at 2:20. On their Top of the Pops performance filmed later in November, the changed lyric can be heard on the backing tape.

[As I recall, the TotP performance uses a tape and miming for the instruments, but Ray's lead vocal is live.]

Back