The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow had it a week and only just got round to finding the time with the rugby world cup taking up precious time.

How good are Colin's bass lines one of musical unsung hero's

Steven Wilson goes crazy but tastefully crazy. A true psyc masterpiece and everything Sgt. Pepper should have been if Giles had been brave enough

Last edited:
Got mine today and have listened once to the surround mix all the way through. Not going to vote yet, but this might just be a "10". I love, love, love XTC and the Dukes, discovered them both almost exactly 20 years ago while I was working in a record store, so I am intimately familiar with the original mixes. If you have any fears that SW might not have been able to recreate the feel of the original and that there would be important elements missing, then...have no fear! It is a brilliant mix, so good that any surround fan should have it for the mix alone.

On another note, I just found a sealed copy of the Doors' Perception box set for a very good price. I know opinions are mixed on the surround mixes, but for the price it was a no-brainer.

Got my copy from ImportCDs today, Dukes from Burning Shed complete with E.I.E.I. Owen autograph and the Earthworks Box Set, also from ImportCDs .. there goes the rest of my free time this week.

My copy from Burning She arrived today. I got EI EI Owen's signature! :)

Listening now, the separation is amazing! Gonna take a few listens to absorb this one. I've been a fan of the Dukes for 30 years+, and I'm hearing new details I never noticed before

FB_IMG_1571790362607.jpg

My mailman almost forgot to deliver my Dukes of Stratosphear from burning shed today. I initially went to my mailbox after the mail was delivered and nothing. Then later in this afternoon the mailman came back and said he accidentally left it on his seat!

Back