• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Muppet69

Mine arrived yesterday and I immediately burnt it and stuck it on my iPhone so I could listen on the way to work and back..... it’s fabulous! This morning I finished listening to the last half of it after dropping the wife off at the heliport at 6:30am and took the long way home. I think this is a glorious tribute to the sixties and psychedelia. I can’t believe how much fun it is, it made me smile, laugh and hum along all on my first ever listen! Gearing up for the surround mix next!

Muppet69

This surround mix is off the chain!!! The voice at the end of My Love Explodes sounds like it’s behind and above my head floating there! Brilliantly done. Comparing this t o Storm watch you wouldn’t believe they were done by the same person, chalk and cheese spring to mind.

Simon M

Quick question, when I load this disc I can use the cursor on my remote to navigate the menus fine but once I start playing the 2019 5.1 mix and the track listing appears I can only use the Next / Last track buttons and can no longer navigate to a particular track or to a different menu with the cursor, anyone else have this issue? Audio is fine...
Anyone??? ;)

mrcond

QQ Supporter
Received mine yesterday and listened all the way through this morning. What a head trip! Well done for sure. A few standout tracks that I will surely return to (Mole From the Ministry being one example). Definitely a 60’s vibe right down to the “lo-fi” garage analog sound. You can tell the big difference when they bring in newer technology for the more recently recorded Black Jeweled Serpent of Sound.

The LPCM 5.1 track played great. However, the DTS-HD MA track played with that extremely high volume white noise that I’ve experienced on one or two other discs. My player is an Oppo BDP-83. Anyone else experience this? One of the these days something like that is going to fry my speakers.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I received this about two weeks ago and had not even opened it, then I read thru this thread and saw peoples autographs, so I opened just now, no signatures, I'll listen tomorrow.

peterzach

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
The LPCM 5.1 track played great. However, the DTS-HD MA track played with that extremely high volume white noise that I’ve experienced on one or two other discs. My player is an Oppo BDP-83. Anyone else experience this? One of the these days something like that is going to fry my speakers.
I reported here, maybe add whatever finding you have to this thread

mrcond

QQ Supporter
I reported here, maybe add whatever finding you have to this thread

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. Based on the info in there, I changed my Oppo’s HDMI output setting from Auto to LPCM and that seems to have done the trick.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Need a ripping tip on this release:
I use MKV and then MMH for tagging. Usually pretty simple but this release has 3 multiples of the same track list.
What I am confused on after the rip which is 2019 Stereo and which is Original Stereo.
I was just as confused with the 5.1, Demos, and Instrumental but all I had to do was listen and then manually tag.
In no way would I be able to tell what is 2019 stereo remix or Original Stereo.
I thought of putting disc in and looking at monitor and see how they are stacked in menu.

Marplot

400 Club - QQ All-Star
if you play the mkv file it should show you what you are listening too.
If it doesn't let me know and I will tell you which stream is which.

Group builder