The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thread Drift Alert.

Max Scherzer…$130 million bust.

While it’s not surprising that the Mets lost considering that they blew a 10+ game division lead, people who are paid that kind of money are expected to perform. Injured? People who are paid that kind of money, and do not get run over by a truck like Tua, are expected to not get injured.

But I’m a Yankee fan, so we‘ll see how they do.
😒 Dead Jays. I'm a Yankee fan now. (Sorry for the curve ball drift) ⚾

🏈The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread 🏈
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/nfl-sunday-roundup-bills-pound-steelers-jets-upset-dolphins/

As Miami continues to fade into NFL obscurity, the Jets appear to have taken over as most talented opposition for the Bills in that division. The Bills cant just brush them off anymore. They aren't as easy a win as they used to be.
Miami is on their 3rd string rookie QB. Things will (hopefully) get better.

GB sucks. They were up 17-3 & did basically nothing after that. 3 possessions in the 2nd half for 0 points. & 1 possession was a 3 & out!
I think Rodgers is losing it!
NY deserved the win. Good for them!
I don't like those games in the UK anyways😞. The time difference & all... 8:30am start time here. 6hr. time difference.
But I must say, the fans were really enthusiastic👍. That stadium was incredible....
Bucs did the same. Dominated for three quarters then squat. Thankfully the same ref who made the same poor call last week in the Buffalo game, did the same thing for Brady, and called roughing on a standard tackle. Bucs did have a larger lead than GB which also helped.

Try a 6:30 a.m. start on the west coast.
6:30am....Ouch! Only diehards would get into an NFL game that early. I believe the game started @ 2:30pm London time.
Why not have a 6pm London time start?...you know, like the SNF we have here.
That would be a noon start here. Good for the fans & the biological clocks of the players.

How about playing in your home stadium where 80% of the fans are cheering for the other team, like the Rams have to do every game. A sea of Cowboy blue in LA yesterday. Rams look really bad. Which I am sure is making @marpow happy! I am just waiting for the inevitable "the last time a Super Bowl champion failed to make the playoffs the following year was ......" commentary.
Yes, its very hard to repeat though most Super Bowl champs at least make the playoffs the next year.
It's the team that loses the Super bowl that usually has a tough time of it the next yr.
Cinny has been having a rough go of it also. LA & them are both 2-3.

Last edited:
I was going to check on your health this morning when I heard the results. The Chefs seem to enjoy cooking up meals that are tough on the cardiovascular system.
The Chefs?? Great Googly Moogly!
It doesn't get any closer than to win (or lose) by one point. On the other hand it's pretty impressive to overcome a 17 point deficit. I'm sure Las Vegas local news has a lot to say about the Raiders losing that lead.

But in the realm of sports rivalry there are some teams you just hate to lose to. In KC that is the Raiders & Broncos, and what ever team Brady is on.

The next team we play, the Buffalo Bills, do not fit in that category. It's always good clean action & the Bills Mafia has KC's respect. Much better than the wacked out former California Raiders fans.

So next week I expect the Bill's to be highly motivated. If the Chiefs vs Raiders was that tough the Bills/Chiefs will be off the charts. Maybe Butker will be back in.

At any rate I will enjoy my usual order of sacrificial Buffalo Wings from my favorite dive. Win or lose, I'll still chew! Or something like that.

But in the realm of sports rivalry there are some teams you just hate to lose to. In KC that is the Raiders & Broncos, and what ever team Brady is on.
You can take the Raiders out of Oakland, but you cannot take Oakland out of the Raiders. Jack Tatum. (Edit: Tatum didn’t say that. He’s just the first person I think of when someone mentions the Raiders.)

Last edited:
So that you will have rampaging bills when you buy, buy, buy NFL product. lol
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-6-2022-nfl-season
Rampaging eh??? I've been a lifelong Bills fan. I lived through the Kelly Years and the four SB losses and all, ..but this kind of press is very rare for us.

If the Bills rank #1 , why is it that this Bills fan and many, many, like me get so nervous and unsettled when we have to play the "lowly" #3 ranked Chiefs in Arrowhead (is it still called Arrowhead?). in a game that likely will determine home field advantage between these teams. But I gotta say, this team looks like its taking no prisoners this season, and they just might take it all. Its just weird having a lot of national people thinking that way too.

I sat through years of domination by New England. Kelsay is just the new Gronk....

Back