The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Atomic Punk :

You might see me rejoicing from time to time when the Cowboys lose. Understand that I'm not trolling the fans. It's that I've never forgiven Jerry Jones for his treatment of the great Tom Landry. I'm an enormous fan of Landry going back to The Ice Bowl and Dallas teams of the 1960s...plus he played for the Giants.
I can still remember being awed by Jimmy Johnson's hair when he replaced Landry.

Thanksgiving game prediction

Lions by 10 over the Bills
Ma'am, could you please pour me another glass of honalulu blue Kool Aid ? Yes, the pitcher of it over there - the one with the delirium added
Well, the Lions could feed the Bills some pre-game turkey laced with extra tryptophan to put them to sleep. I mean, the Bills sleepwalked through the Packer's game.

Last edited:
Chad Kelly, the Toronto backup QB who came in after the starter was injured, led the game winning drive in this game. Chad Kelly is the nephew of Bills HOF great Jim Kelly.
Thank you for pointing this out. It was mentioned during the game. Doug Flutie Toronto/Buffalo connection was mentioned too.

Doug Flutie:
Toronto Argonauts (19961997)
Buffalo Bills (19982000)

Flutie, flute. Tull, Tull tie, will the connection never end...
Tea cheers
:LOL:

Niners last night against Cardinals, wow, what a slaughter. Cardinals players especially quarterback McCoy looked completely knocked out.
Niners are my team of course, but I get nervous when Troy Aikman says he thinks there the best team in football and definitely in the Super Bowl.
OK for me to say that, but a TV personality announcer says it, makes me nervous, going to jinx us.

And they say the Bills cant win the close ones. Like my dad used to say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. The Lions was not the easy game everyone thought it was gonna be at the start of the season. Watch out for them next season. Allen is 3-0 in Thanksgiving games. Now a week to try and get healthier.

Last edited:
Ugh, that means yet another one of those Bezos Monopoly games?
Not here of course. But I thought I heard that this one is on ESPN+ this time. Which may or may not be better for you.

Other takeaways from the Thanksgiving games.

Justin Jefferson is a generational great player. I kinda wish the Bills had drafted him with that 1st round pick they gave up for Diggs. Don't tell the mafia I said that. They will break every table in my house in retribution.

The Pats defense is quite good. The Bills will need to play better against them than they did in the last 2 games to beat them. The Bills defense is loaded with injuries.

I cant deal with all the warnings about all the wear and tear Allen is taking and how its going to shorten his career ala RGIII. Allen is built like Ben Roethlisburger, and he performs similarly to how Big Ben performed early in his career. Romo was constantly referring to is elbow injury for reasons for the poor passes. A couple were obvious mis-communications by Allen and/or the receivers. Some were just plain good, better than you would expect with the backups they had in there. The interception was a tip-juggle-catch. Let the boy play. One of the best Allen moments of the year happened when he fumbled the snap. picked it up, and ran into the end zone for a TD.

What's up with the Dallas penalties?

I was never a big Von Miller guy, but he could make a difference on pressure downs. I hope he gets back soon for the home stretch & playoffs. There are rumors' Mica Hyde could be back for the playoffs. Tre White got back into the lineup for the Bills. One year after his injury last Thanksgiving. He played a dozen or so snaps. Nothing was thrown his way.

The Fins have a trap game on Sunday. Beware.

Agreed, I hope for the sake of the Bill's Von Miller gets back soon. What is his exact injury anyway? Is he getting/needing an MRI today?
I wish the Niners still had Buckner, but glad he is in Buffalo.
BTW @LuvMyQuad has the huge piles of snow gotten smaller yet?
Detroit fans, I think your heading to the top, real fast.
The best thing about yesterday was it was a huge win for the NFL as all three games where great.

Detroit fans, I think your heading to the top, real fast.
Markie
Have you been drinking the Honolulu blue kool aid ? If not, I hope you know something that I dont cuz Ive been a Lions fan since my dad influenced me in, say 1968, and its been a 64 year losing streak ( it started in 1958 ).

Are you telling me there is a chance ?

Back