The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree, but as we say in Baltimore (and probably everywhere else)... "Next man up!!!"
I have been a season ticket holder with 49ers for many years, 1979-1995 Candelstick and 2018 to present at Levis.
Out of all the coaches, I have never heard "next man up" more than current Head Coach Kyle Shanahan, unfortunately he knows it is true.
It seems in the olden days when they would do two a days all summer, there was not as many injury's as there is now. So many rules for practice and playing to protect the player, but yet it seems (I could be wrong) there are way more injury's.

I was at my orthopedic on Monday getting an injection for my neck, he was a on call doctor for the Rams years ago.
I said why does Jimmy G. seem to get so many injury's?, he said I don't know but he is of the age group that when he was a toddler and a youngster milk was frowned upon, to a degree?

Maybe, I certainly don't know. Maybe the NFL will start doing more bone density testing?

I do know that when you take Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED's) that muscle grows at a faster rate than tendons and ligaments. PED's are still widely used in MLB and NFL. When the muscle grows at a faster rate it strains the tendons and ligaments.

Look at all the used to be huge players and the now much smaller announcers. Proof is in the pudding.

The Titans fired their GM Jon Robinson. Since taking over as GM, the team has a .568 winning percentage and the last two full years are at .696. Something must have gone on between the owner and Robinson behind the scenes. It's just too weird.

It reminds me of when the Jets fired Pete Carroll after one season in 1994. Some bad blood between him and the Jets' ivory tower. Carroll's winning percentage since departing the Jets is .682 (.608 NFL only.) with 6 division titles and two SB appearances. As for the Jets since then...a .436 winning percentage and 2 division titles...and they needed Bill Parcells to get one of them. Then there are no playoff appearances since 2010 when Rex was the head coach. What may have been...

Oh, and then there is the Bill Belichick thing.

nd the last two full years are at .696. Something must have gone on between the owner and Robinson behind the scenes. It's just too weird.

It reminds me of when the Jets fired Pete Carroll after one season in 1994. Some bad blood between him and the Jets' ivory tower. Carroll's winning percentage since departing the Jets is .682 (.608 NFL only.) with 6 division titles and two SB appearances. As for the Jets since then...a .436 winning percentage and 2 division titles...and they needed Bill Parcells to get one of them. Then there are no playoff appearances since 2010 when Rex was the head coach. What may have been...

oops. let me try this again

The Titans fired their GM Jon Robinson. Since taking over as GM, the team has a .568 winning percentage and the last two full years are at .696. Something must have gone on between the owner and Robinson behind the scenes. It's just too weird.

two words Matt Millen.
Detroit Lions

if you want to see ineptitude, google. There actually were protest marches in Detroit against the guy.

Of course he is the king in the long chain of Lions failures. And its a looooong chain

two words Matt Millen.
Detroit Lions

if you want to see ineptitude, google. There actually were protest marches in Detroit against the guy.

Of course he is the king in the long chain of Lions failures. And its a looooong chain
They gave Millen 8 years with a .270 winning percentage! Robinson’s team loses two games in a row and they fire him? He must have called the owner the Wicked Witch Of Motown, or something like that to get his butt fired.

Ya, something more than meets the eye must have been going on there.
I sort of wish GB would fire their defensive corr.., Joe Barry, some time soon. I believe, I saw a stat that they are 30th for rushing yards given up. Terrible! The 'D' was supposed to be their strength this yr.!

Regarding Matt Millen @ Detroit, the word was the Ford family liked him so much that they kept him on as GM, regardless.
I liked his style as an announcer. But he was a poor judge of player talent on the field. I recall he kept drafting wrs in the 1st round & they would bomb.
That is till he drafted Calvin Johnson, Megatron. That worked out pretty well😏..

Last edited:
the Lions

what the hell is going on ???

hottest team in the NFL at the moment

Jared Goff is on fire

fellow QQers - dont mean to boast, but - c'mon - its the Lions !! A very rare situation indeed.
It would be amazing if Stafford won the SB last year after the trade and Goff.... nevermind,,, don't want to jinx them. ;)

the Lions

Jared Goff is on fire

fellow QQers - dont mean to boast, but - c'mon - its the Lions !! A very rare situation indeed.
Detroit is Awesome! (..didn't think I'd be saying that). Don't worry about boasting, you deserve too. Lions have been bottom feeders for yrs! ...Goff is playing well. Always liked him...never understood why Rams gave up on him so fast? As of right now, Detroit has a far better record than LAR...'who's crying now🎶...'
I was 100% rooting for 'em today.
Loved seeing them take it to Minn. They are a legitimately good team.
Too bad they had that Stretch where they lost 5 in a row earlier in the yr.
@Jets next week...Tough one..
Maybe they will quietly go 10-7. Their odds of winning Super bowl was 150:1 @ beginning of yr.
GB plays them the last game of the yr. Could actually be a meaningful game. But not for GB though😞

Last edited:
the Lions

Jared Goff is on fire

Hey Ricky, can you imagine the Jets and Lions will be playing each other in mid-December in a meaningful game? Has the earth shifted drastically on its axis?

Ignore me...:LOL:

giphy.webp

Back