The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pregame Jalen Hurts. Wow !!!

jalenhurts.jpg

Its going to be football funday today ! Weve got pizza, we've got wings, we've got wobbly pops. And I have tomorrow off from work. Yee ha !!
Lets hope for fun, competitive games today. And for all you fellow QQers that have your home team in todays games --best of luck !!

I must say I'm glad the Chiefs play the second game. So we will know already who we have to play in Super Bowl LVII. Ooops.. did I just jinx it? we will see.

Like they say at KU (and probably elsewhere), win or lose, we'll still booze. And eat very well. Every BBQ joint in town has a Chiefs promotion going on & I have this reserved at one of our faves for take away:

1675017275833.png

Pork Spare Ribs, Beef Burnt Ends and Fire-Kissed Wings – plus Hickory Pit Beans and Cheesy Corn Bake served with a commemorative Creed Humphrey Glass which will be filled with KC Boulevard Wheat.

Looking forward to the upcoming banter on this thread, for sure!

I must say I'm glad the Chiefs play the second game. So we will know already who we have to play in Super Bowl LVII. Ooops.. did I just jinx it? we will see.

Like they say at KU (and probably elsewhere), win or lose, we'll still booze. And eat very well. Every BBQ joint in town has a Chiefs promotion going on & I have this reserved at one of our faves for take away:

View attachment 88011

Pork Spare Ribs, Beef Burnt Ends and Fire-Kissed Wings – plus Hickory Pit Beans and Cheesy Corn Bake served with a commemorative Creed Humphrey Glass which will be filled with KC Boulevard Wheat.

good luck Sonik. Save me some of those fire kissed wings

View attachment 88011

Do they deliver to Connecticut?

Cincy KC halftime. Again - I feel the team that has the ball last will win. Great game so far. Wow the KC crowd.....incredible.....

The NFC game. Sucks about Purdy. Would have preferred a clean competitive game. Not a handicapped SanFran. But ? Eagles would still have won. They were dominating in the trenches
Whew 3dB or 3 points something like that. Buttker won it for us. The Bengals made it a much more exciting game than the 49'ers one. Most sorry Marpow woulda liked SF + KC.

I thought the game was a bit sloppy and the officiating was even sloppier. Glad KC won but neither team decisively outplayed the other.
Both teams made their mistakes. Really stupid penalty at the end giving KC an easy FG with time dwindling.

Whew 3dB or 3 points something like that. Buttker won it for us. The Bengals made it a much more exciting game than the 49'ers one. Most sorry Marpow woulda liked SF + KC.

- Mahomes proves yet again that he is still a huge force to be reckoned with even on 1-1/2 legs.

- The Bengals...what an blockhead play by that linebacker. He let the adrenaline get the best of him. Had he not pushed Mahomes while he was out of bounds, the Bengals would have had a chance in overtime.

- The Bengals were fortunate that the goal line fumble against the Ravens miraculously ended up in the DE's hands for a 98 yard return. The cards turned on them today.

- It seems that defenses are getting worse at tackling with more and more of them being broken for big plays.

- I'm sorry Scott, but unless Mahomes can carry the team (which he most definitely can do when at 100%) in the Super Bowl, I have to go strong with the Eagles. The Chiefs defense suffers huge coverage lapses and their tackling is often sloppy.

Unfortunately, somebody’s got to lose. It’s been a good day for @JohnN and @Sonik Wiz and a heartbreaker for @marpow and many others. Mrs. Sonik, of course, had to get the defibrillator out for husband on yet another Sunday. Speaking of which, now we get to see how healthy Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Jalen Hurts and countless others can get over the next two weeks.

Poor Ossai(#58) will be spending his offseason Burrowing his head into the ground. Not quite a Bill Buckner moment but you’ll have a hard time convincing him of that.

So it’s going to be Jason Kelce(Eagles) against Travis Kelce(KC) in the SB. You’ll be hearing/reading a lot about that story angle over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I’ll pass on flag football.

Cincy KC halftime. Again - I feel the team that has the ball last will win. Great game so far. Wow the KC crowd.....incredible.....

The NFC game. Sucks about Purdy. Would have preferred a clean competitive game. Not a handicapped SanFran. But ? Eagles would still have won. They were dominating in the trenches
You know Cinny did have the ball last but still lost😟.... OK, they got it back with :03 left. I guess that doesn't count.
That penalty for the late hit on Mahomes was a killer. 'Technically', it was correct but I just hate those kind of calls! Back when they didn't call that was better!. (Dick Butkus made a living on those)
But KC did make the plays when they had to! 2 very evenly matched teams. Great game!

Felt bad for Purdy....I must admit, I Never heard of that SF QB who came in for Purdy. Too bad he didn't last long either. That Philly pass rush was vicious!!
I'm also sorry Marpow. It can be disappointing for sometime afterwards when your team loses😥. Being a GB fan, that's sadly become a fact of life!
But I will say regardless of the outcome, the 49ers sure do have a GREAT defense, offense, coaching, wow!
FWIW, IMO If they would have had a healthy Garoppolo @ QB, I think they would have won.

Last edited:
Back