The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ellie Mae is ready & hoping for the best!

2020-01-21 11.33.19 (2).jpg

My prediction for today's game:

It will be tied at 42 at the end of regulation. The first team with the ball in OT will score a touchdown. Then the team that is behind answers with a TD of their own so that the score is tied at 49. Then I don't care who gets the next score and wins the game. How would you folks like to see a Super Bowl like that?

My prediction for today's game:

It will be tied at 42 at the end of regulation. The first team with the ball in OT will score a touchdown. Then the team that is behind answers with a TD of their own so that the score is tied at 49. Then I don't care who gets the next score and wins the game. How would you folks like to see a Super Bowl like that?
Like it, sounds like a CFL game. Let's go crazy, 24-7 Chiefs at the half and then that fumble talked about for days/years. -kidding, GO CHIEFS! 33-27

5eb6c970-5a51-4427-9515-4460e94166fe_1.9195cfbb7ca7aeb7701ad92a1afb21a2.jpeg

Ive never liked the guy. He is such a prima donna.
Yes, Rodgers is out there. 4 days in a dark room, that's weird.
He wasn't always like that. I remember vividly when GB drafted him...a humble, young Christian guy.
Well here we are ...Time for Aaron to move on to somewhere else...GB can absorb a one-time 40M hit to the cap but not some insane figure like 150M over 2-3 yrs.
About the game today. I've gone back & forth.. 1st towards KC ..now Philly.
History usually says 'Defensive wins Championships;'. I think Philly has a better D.
But KC has also been playing good D in playoffs. Giving up 20 points in each game... You will win most games only giving up that.
.....A friend & I were talking about this yesterday, he said if you had to pick a QB right now to win you 1 game who would it be? It would be Mahomes!
We both agreed, among active qbs, Mahomes is the best QB in the game. . Even just as a casual observer he is a pleasure to watch. A rare talent!
So Sonik Wiz, you will probably be happy! Nice pic there of your dog😀
Enjoy the game all....

Last edited:
Yes, Rodgers is out there. 4 days in a dark room, that's weird.
He wasn't always like that. I remember vividly when GB drafted him...a humble, young Christian guy.
Well here we are ...Time to move Aaron on somewhere...GB can absorb a 40 M hit to the cap but not some insane figure like 150M!!
About the game today. I've gone back & forth.. 1st towards KC ..now Philly.
History usually says 'Defensive wins Championships;'. I think Philly has a better D.
But KC has been playing good D in playoffs. Giving up 20 ,20 points in each game...
I think Mahomes is a best QB in the game.
A friend & I were talking about this yesterday, he said if you had to pick a QB right now to win you 1 game who would it be? It would be Mahomes! We both agreed. He is the best right now. Even just as a casual observer he is a pleasure to watch. A rare talent!
So Sonik Wiz, you will probably be happy! Nice pic there of your dog😀
Enjoy the game all....
Thank you sir. We are more optimistic this time than last SB. That whole Brit Reid thing & horrible tragedy to that little girl just cast a pallor over it all. This time the Chiefs are in good health, certainly a good match up & I bet it will be great to watch no matter what. But I hope we win.

To @ar surround , yup nothing 's better than seeing your team win in overtime. I don't need 2 of 'em to do it. But then I remember the Chiefs lost to Miami back in the 70's claiming the worlds longest football game, 3 overtime I think. I don't need that much excitement today!

A friend & I were talking about this yesterday, he said if you had to pick a QB right now to win you 1 game who would it be? It would be Mahomes! We both agreed. He is the best right now. Even just as a casual observer he is a pleasure to watch. A rare talent!

I agree with you on Mahomes. He's already one of the greatest of all time. However, on an all-time basis, to win one Super Bowl, I'd go with a QB who had the best Super Bowl karma. Despite the absolute fact that there were much better QB's out there, I'm going with the one who led a charmed Super Bowl life. That would be Eli Manning.

The Helmet Catch?

The dime he dropped right into Mario Manningham's mitts?

Watch them again. You've got to be kidding me? These were absolutely absurd plays. And against the mighty Patriots led by Brady and Belichick? How could it not be fate?

What a game. I was pulling for KC but didn't think they would prevail. Both teams played well. And even though it benefited KC (which made me happy), that last holding penalty was really a questionable call. Technically it was a hold but it was slight.
Congrats Sonik wiz!!! 😀I heard you shouting all the way to here in WI.
Dumb me, I picked Philly. But I'm really happy for KC.They played much better in the 2nd half. Philly D couldn't handle them. I actually thought KC's D was better than Philly's.
I didn't see many Eagle games during the regular season & sort of had my doubts about them all year.🤔.... KC also appeared to handle the pressure better than Philly.
Yes, VERY questionable holding call. I agreed with Greg Olson, I wouldn't have called it. But in the end it probably wouldn't have really mattered.
Give KC the credit, they had Philly on the ropes....The best team won!
If you needed a qb to win you one game= Mahomes.
He's the best QB playing in the NFL right now.

Last edited:
What a game. I was pulling for KC but didn't think they would prevail. Both teams played well. And even though it benefited KC (which made me happy), that last holding penalty was really a questionable call. Technically it was a hold but it was slight.
I didn't have a dog in the fight but I do have to respectfully disagree with you when you say that both teams played well. It is not unusual for a football game to be made up of two totally different Halfs of play.

Aside from the unforced, disastrous fumble in the first half, the Eagles performed well during the first 30 minutes.

Aside from the 8 point drive in the second half, the Eagles folded on all phases of the game. Their special teams totally broke down in spectacular fashion on punt coverage(including the line drive punt - was that how it was planned?), and their defense gave up 24 points. Their offense also got outscored 24-8 in the second half. While the hold, as you correctly point out, was a hold, the hold call accounted for only 3 points of KC's total scoring and so much else before that was squandered by Philly. A couple more Philly first downs and KC doesn't get the ball long enough to score 3 touchdowns. And, as we saw from the AFC Championship game, give Mahomes another chance and he'll bury you.

Congratulations to the Chiefs for an impressive win on their part and for not wasting their opportunities.

Back