The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be happy if no one can beat the Bills for the next two seasons. Deal?
il_1588xN.2854877161_2fo2.jpg

🥶 More snow here. Not so cold. (watch for updates) 🌨️
🏈

Mike White to the Dolphins on a 2 year deal. The Jets better have their plan come to fruition here...
They will... Mike White saw the handwriting on the wall.
One local talk show guy around here said today, maybe Rodgers wants to announce it himself. He goes on 'The Pat McAfee' show every Tuesday, so it could be tomorrow, who knows.
......I can just hear it now, ' I want to thank all the fans......I'll always be a Packer in my heart..blah, blah, blah....🎵 '

Last edited:
Ah Hahaha etc. I thought this was a disease:

"Namath, a self-proclaimed “big Rodgers fan,” felt he could use the digit to entice Rodgers to come to Gang Green long before the rumor mill reached its apex."

https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/aaron-rodgers-will-talk-with-joe-namath-about-jets-no-12/
Edit: well taking 30 sec to research I see this is bona fide usage for the Jets. Never encountered it before. Seems like an awkward choice. Much prefer Bills Mafia.

Ah Hahaha etc. I thought this was a disease:

"Namath, a self-proclaimed “big Rodgers fan,” felt he could use the digit to entice Rodgers to come to Gang Green long before the rumor mill reached its apex."

https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/aaron-rodgers-will-talk-with-joe-namath-about-jets-no-12/
Edit: well taking 30 sec to research I see this is bona fide usage for the Jets. Never encountered it before. Seems like an awkward choice. Much prefer Bills Mafia.
I was more perplexed about Namath enticing Rodgers with his digit.

As the crowd grows uneasy and the boos begin.
But you balance your world on the tip of your nose

Guys
Perhaps an Intervention.................

I am counting the days to September. September cant get here soon enough. I am so effin loaded up on Honolulu Blue KoolAid
my bladder is ready to burst !!

The Lions - yes - THE Detroit Lions - They WILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFC Champs

2023 / 2024
images
Lions-2023-HomeOpponents-16x9.jpg

Lamar Jackson’s contract negotiations have essentially landed in a stalemate. There has been no further movement in negotiations with the Ravens, and no other NFL teams want to go near him. As you know, teams like the Raiders and Saints are no longer in the hunt for a QB, thus further limiting Lamar’s options.

And most of this falls on Lamar’s head, as he is trying to do a deal without the use of an agent. He also is working with a guy named Ken Francis who is now talking to teams on Lamar’s behalf. Problem with that is, Francis is not recognized by the NFLPA as an agent so he has no standing in the league. This also means that any contract negotiated with his involvement would have no legal standing. What NFL GM’s would want to get involved in a situation like that?

On top of which, Lamar is using his social media to make statements that inflame the very people that he is trying to talk money with. Either it doesn’t bode well for Lamar OR the Ravens for the 2023 season. The Ravens also don’t have a high enough draft pick to land a rookie franchise QB.

Maybe @GOS can have his cat talk some sense into Jackson LOL.

It's a soap opera for sure. The main problem is that Lamar really needs an agent. It's like going to court for a serious offense without a lawyer. As a fan, I just want it to end one way or the other. I really don't like the idea of a 100% guaranteed, long term contract. The fact that no other teams are willing to pay him what he is asking, pretty much tells you all you need to know. If someone wants to gamble their teams' future more power to them. And I will just add this, with an apology to Browns fans beforehand; Given the Browns' stats over the last 20 years, how wise is it to emulate their decisions?

It's a soap opera for sure. The main problem is that Lamar really needs an agent. It's like going to court for a serious offense without a lawyer. As a fan, I just want it to end one way or the other. I really don't like the idea of a 100% guaranteed, long term contract. The fact that no other teams are willing to pay him what he is asking, pretty much tells you all you need to know. If someone wants to gamble their teams' future more power to them. And I will just add this, with an apology to Browns fans beforehand; Given the Browns' stats over the last 20 years, how wise is it to emulate their decisions?
I recall other players, not that long ago, doing the same thing. ( negotiating w/o an agent).
...& it got done.
You'd think this could get done also🤔.
Lamar Jackson is an excellent QB. When He's healthy, I put him in the top 5.
No way he ever goes to GB...nice to ponder though...

I recall other players, not that long ago, doing the same thing. ( negotiating w/o an agent).
...& it got done.
You'd think this could get done also🤔.
Lamar Jackson is an excellent QB. When He's healthy, I put him in the top 5.
No way he ever goes to GB...nice to ponder though...
Yeah, that GB thing was a total joke.

I obviously don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but I've gotten the impression that Lamar doesn't want to bargain. He wants a certain amount in a certain way and there is no room for compromise. Of course the players association and his peers want him to win, in the long run it benefits all the players if guaranteed contracts become the norm. I hope he realizes that he's the only one putting his immediate future/career on the line. If he wins, all the players win. If he loses, he's the only one truly affected.

Back