The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some small way, I'm kind of relieved the Bills lost. I do believe if they had held off the Chiefs, they would have won it all. And the Bills winning the Super Bowl is one of the things on my "before I die" list. So I have at least one more year.

What happened with the Bills: Their best chance to win a Super Bowl was against an inferior Giants team with a backup quarterback. But they got outplayed for most of the game, and their comeback failed on Norwood's kick which wasn't even close. Then the Bills ran into superior teams and got soundly defeated by the Redskins and Cowboys the next three years. Jim Kelly certainly deserved a better fate...especially since I dislike Jerry Jones for the way he handled Tom Landry's dismissal.

What happened with the Bills: Their best chance to win a Super Bowl was against an inferior Giants team with a backup quarterback. But they got outplayed for most of the game, and their comeback failed on Norwood's kick which wasn't even close. Then the Bills ran into superior teams and got soundly defeated by the Redskins and Cowboys the next three years. Jim Kelly certainly deserved a better fate...especially since I dislike Jerry Jones for the way he handled Tom Landry's dismissal.
I agree, Tom Landry did get 'thrown under the bus' by J. Jones.
Green Bay is the NFC version of the Bills but not in Super bowls but instead NFC championships. This year they didn't even get that far.

Actually, the Giants went 10-6 that regular season when they beat the 16-0 Pats thanks to the helmet catch. Then they rubbed it in again by beating the 13-3 Pats in 2011 when the Giants went 9-7. It just shows once again how hard it is for even truly great teams to win a Super Bowl given the single-elimination format. Just ask Aaron "our special teams f'd it up again" Rodgers.
Thanks for the correction. The point, however, is the same. And to your point, I don’t think we’ll ever see runs again like the ones enjoyed by the Cowboys, Steelers and Patriots.

Actually, the Giants went 10-6 that regular season when they beat the 16-0 Pats thanks to the helmet catch. Then they rubbed it in again by beating the 13-3 Pats in 2011 when the Giants went 9-7. It just shows once again how hard it is for even truly great teams to win a Super Bowl given the single-elimination format. Just ask Aaron "our special teams f'd it up again" Rodgers.
Sigh…those were the days…says this Giants fan who can’t bear to watch them anymore 😵

I just read that Brady is retiring, and the official announcement is coming on Monday. Congratulations to The G.O.A.T., the 31 other teams that will no longer have to deal with him, and his wife who will no longer have to worry about defensive lineman trying to remove her husband's head.

Yep. My wife can't stand him. She thinks he's an ego driven ass. Heck, maybe he is. I personally respect him a lot. 44? Wow!!! No, I'm not a fan though.......I bleed Bears. Which means....I bleed a lot. lmao

Yep. My wife can't stand him. She thinks he's an ego driven ass. Heck, maybe he is. I personally respect him a lot. 44? Wow!!! No, I'm not a fan though.......I bleed Bears. Which means....I bleed a lot. lmao
Well…I’m a Giants fan…which has been excruciating the last several years.
I have to give Brady credit though…as much as it pains me to say this…is it even up for debate that he is the best QB ever?! 🤔

I just read that Brady is retiring, and the official announcement is coming on Monday. Congratulations to The G.O.A.T., the 31 other teams that will no longer have to deal with him, and his wife who will no longer have to worry about defensive lineman trying to remove her husband's head.
Good! About time. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! LOL :ROFLMAO:
I couldn't stand the guy but he was one of the best to ever play the game.
As for the GOAT deal, I rarely will ever say any athlete in any sport is the GOAT. Usually there are a handful of guys that stand out and for whom a very good argument could be made that they were the greatest. If you are one of those 5 or 6 guys then you should be proud to be one of them. The game changes from era to era. Could he have even played until he was 45 to amass all those stats if he was playing in the same era as someone like Bradshaw or Montana? It sure helped that the QB has been increasingly more protected each year from cheap shots and even not so cheap shots that were accepted as part of the game 30 years ago. Likewise with the receivers being able to go up for a ball without fear of being "JACKED UP!!!" (at least in theory, a guy could always say F it, I'll take the penalty).
The point is the game has changed tremendously in the last 20 years, and with 18 game seasons around the corner, in the next 20 years the game will change even more.

If you study Tom Brady's stats. He IS the Goat. Facts dont lie. He is off the map with quarterback rating, pass completion, passing TDs, Super Bowl Rings, etc. We are truly seeing the retirement of one of the greatest of the sport. You can love him, you can hate him - but please respect what he accomplished. It truly is amazing

Ill never forget Super Bowl 2002. His first ring. Coming off 9/11. Being the underdog. Beating the - then - St Louis Rams - and the emotional U2 halftime show. Wow. Time flies

I’m going to forward your post to Aaron Rodgers. Maybe he’ll be kind enough to stop your bleeding by asking for a trade to the AFC. Brady went from the Pats to a team that had receivers; Rodgers will want to go to an organization that actually can play special teams.

With the new QB friendly rules, I expect Rodgers to play until he’s 45 also. The other guys like Allen et al won’t last to that extent because they expose themselves and take too many hits.

Ahh, reading all the posts here, glad I can just cruise and be a 49er fan. I was a season ticket holder at Candlestick from 1979 to 2004, now a season ticket holder at Levi's Stadium since 2018, all good times, seen wins and seen losses, all in the spirt of fun.
Today in SF, it is "Silence Of The Lambs".
My wish was a Tampa Bay vs SF NFC Championship. My wish was for a Buffalo vs SF Superbowl.
Today I think my wish is for a SF vs KC Superbowl.
Bengals have only been in Superbowl twice and lost both times to SF, so why have it again.
KC beat SF in Superbowl 2 years ago, so I think the best wish is for SF to beat KC for redemption in the Superbowl.
Having lamb chops on the grill later today.

We shall see.... 😬

BENGALS.jpg

Those two little heads are myself & Miz Wiz.

Oh my goodness how did this happen? A sad day for the Chiefs, a great day for the Who Dey Nation. Congrats to all the Cincinnati fans! I'm going against the fan grain & wish the best for the Bengals in the super bowl. Cuz, Chiefs fans know better than most the pain to come so close & have it slip away. Like just now.

Go Bengals!

shocking. kinda sorta. The Chiefs looked out of sync the second half. They did not look like the team Ive seen the past few weeks. Credit the Bengals and congrats to them. Y'all realize how many underdogs ( visiting team ) have won in the play-offs this year ? Its freaky weird !!

Back