The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going with:
49ers........( I don't know how you stop them for :60)
KC......... ( young, upstart teams like the Jags tend to only go so far)
Philly ... ( I think they have NYs number)
&.......
Cinny..... (Sorry Bills fans. Don't hate me, I hope I'm wrong!)

Most will probably be close games unless someone goes on a turnover spree.
Interestingly, last yrs. #1 seeds (GB & Tenn) both lost in their opening games. So I actually lean towards the bye being more of a curse than a blessing.
Sometimes I don't like going 4-0 in my picks. I found myself wanting Dallas to win. Not that I'm a big Dallas fan, it's just that I'm way less of a 49ers fan. But 49ers are a great team. It seemed Dallas just could not get to/ or rattle Purdy. Got to give Purdy a ton of credit for playing so well.
Was actually happy for Dallas kicker Maher getting it together.The pressure on him must have been huge! Would I have wanted him taking a game winning FG in OT!!!! No
That last formation Dallas had was interesting🤔. I could see what they were trying to do but it never got going.....
Back in Nov., I thought Buffalo was the team to beat but as the season went on, I didn't think so. J. Allen was committing too many turnovers. Buffalo as a team seemed to be declining. But Buffalo is very close....
I just felt Cinny overall was getting better & were being underrated. Burrow hardly ever makes a mistake.
Could KC with a less than 100% Mahomes be in trouble??????
Philly?... I don't know if they can beat SF... No predictions on either game yet!

Ps- Hey marpow, I think I saw you yesterday @ the game. Yes, in the 4th qt., there was some guy going total bonkers but on my screen you were only a few pixels in size so I'm not sure it was you..... plus I don't even know what you look like.

Last edited:
NFL genesis........and then there were three---err---Four !!

This coming Sunday is Conference Championship Sunday

first game is 3 ish EST with the Eagles versus San Fran. In Philadelphia. This portends to be a bruiser of a game with 2 tough defenses. Purdy has played lights out but I think the Eagles will rattle him. The Eagles look to be super focused. Im going to have to pick the Eagles - winning by 10 ( sorry Markie ).

second game is KC versus Cincinnati around 6 thirty ish. At KC. Like BobMan Im impressed with Cinci. They are playing very very well. But then there is KC with Andy Reid and Patrick. This will be a nail biter shoot out with the team to have the ball last winning by just a few points. Im going to pick Cinci for the upset
Sorry Sonik

Last edited:
NFL genesis........and then there were three---err---Four !!

This coming Sunday is Conference Championship Sunday

first game is 3 ish EST with the Eagles versus San Fran. In Philadelphia. This portends to be a bruiser of a game with 2 tough defenses. Purdy has played lights out but I think the Eagles will rattle him. The Eagles look to be super focused. Im going to have to pick the Eagles - winning by 10 ( sorry Markie ).

second game is KC versus Cincinnati around 6 thirty ish. At KC. Like BobMan Im impressed with Cinci. They are playing very very well. But then there is KC with Andy Reid and Patrick. This will be a nail biter shoot out with the team to have the ball last winning by just a few points. Im going to pick Cinci for the upset
Sorry Sonik
I don’t have a dog in this fight and I agree with your picks. As Bill Belicheck once said, at the end of the season all but one team are left disappointed.

Wow, big weekend, completely disappointed in the AFC. What happened Buffalo?
Never really believed the Giants could beat the Eagles.

I don't think, by many, the 49ers beating the Eagles will be an upset.

My wife's entire family lives in Philly and the shit is already flying.

AFC: We have played the Bengals 2x in Super Bowl and beat them both times. We have played the Chiefs one time in Super Bowl and lost.
I want the Chiefs to win for 49er redemption in the Super Bowl.

First I'd say it is impossible to pick the AFC match up until we see just how injured Mahomes is. If he can't move around at 90%+ then that is a major issue for the Chiefs hopes.

I'm going to say the SB will be the Eagles vs. the Bengals.
Simply because I'd prefer it be the 49ers vs the Chiefs, but I rarely get my way.

I will also add that I have been very skeptical of the Eagles' record the entire year, but here they are and they have been rolling no matter who they are matched up against.

giphy.gif

https://deadspin.com/nfl-playoff-teams-ranked-eagles-chiefs-bengals-49ers-1850017900Go Eagles! 🤕🍩

Everybody's jumping on the circus train.
Some jump high, some jump off again...
I wish I had an eagle like you ---
To look up to.

Wow, big weekend, completely disappointed in the AFC. What happened Buffalo?
Tell me about it. They were just completely outplayed on both sides of the ball. This team started going bad about mid season, but it was a slow decline. You could see glimpses of this when they played the Pats in the season finale and then Miami in the wildcard round. Bengals came in ready to take advantage.

We came in from skiing to watch what was expected to be a barn burner 4th quarter of the Cin-Buf game. I should have stayed on the hill!!!

I‘m not making any more predictions. I’m pulling for Jalen Hurts as I’ve always admired his ability to deal with adversity and his work ethic. Rejected by the Bama coaching staff in favor of Tua, yet now in the NFC championship game.

But then there is Brock Purdy, who was drafted dead last but also in the championship game. We have two underdog QBs shining brightly.

I hope so!!!!.Just like Favre went to the Jets. Let Rodgers follow in his footsteps!
Rodgers may do really well somewhere else. Favre was having a great yr. @ the Jets till he got hurt... & the next yr. @ Vikings he was awesome till that New Orleans game,....wasn't that the NFC championship? & he threw that pick...
best thing that could happen for the Packers organization and Aaron. Time for change. Also - I think the market value of Aaron is not as high as he and his agent would like to believe. IMHO his best days are in his past

Rodgers would thrive in NY. He likes the limelight and has an attitude. I wouldn't trade much for him, however.

Hey AR & cbmmm3...You guys are both right on here!
You know for being Jets & Lions fans, you guys are pretty shape😊.
GB would be Fortunate to maybe get a #1 & #2 draft pick for Rodgers. Maybe not even that much!
They waited too long. Last year is when they should have done it.

...About this weeks games: I'm leaning towards...
49ers over Philly
KC if Mahomes is effective/ near 80-90%. Otherwise Cinny

Yeah right. With an owner named Woody Johnson? 🤣
I just heard on the radio that Peter King from NBC reports that the NY Jets would gladly pay GBs asking price for Aaron Rodgers, two #1 draft picks. Jets also just hired Nathaniel Hackett , Rodgers buddy at GB!
Green Bay!!!! take the deal before they change their mind😃!!!!
What about if they also have to throw in QB Zack Wilson to make the trade? Would you die-hard Jet fans do it?🤔

....I think I'm going to do a 180 on my previous picks for this week.. I'm going Philly ( Eagles have 80 sacks for the year. Purty is going to be running for his life! ..+Markies' NOT going to be there to cheer him on either!)
I'm now leaning towards Cinny. ( Mahomes?... the word is that NFL players rarely do well a week after high ankle sprains)

Last edited:
I just heard on the radio that Peter King from NBC reports that the NY Jets would gladly pay GBs asking price for Aaron Rodgers, two #1 draft picks. Jets also just hired Nathaniel Hackett , Rodgers buddy at GB!
Green Bay!!!! take the deal before they change their mind😃!!!!
What about if they also have to throw in QB Zack Wilson to make the trade? Would you die-hard Jet fans do it?🤔

Robert Saleh was on TV saying that they are looking for a veteran QB while Zach Wilson continues his development. Yes, Aaron Rodgers would definitely help them win more games, but two #1 draft picks is too high of a price. :eek:

Look, the Jets along with a whole bunch of other teams should have drafted Jalen Hurts with their first pick. 52 other players were selected before Jalen Hurts. I'm not even in the football business and I could see back then that Jalen Hurts has what it takes to develop into a top tier QB. If the Jets are unhappy with Zach Wilson, they should keep their picks and draft more QB's until they get it right. Ramble, ramble ramble, ramble, ramble...the frustration of being a Jets fan.

Back