The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting nervous. Long hike tomorrow with my wife, and then games on Sunday.
49ers at 12:00 Pacific, good news a win makes the second game really exciting, bad news, a loss, so depressed, the second game hard to watch if at all.
I am a veteran of 49er Playoff Football, so I will remain focused and calm, not drunk and stupid.
Me and my friend Jimmy upstairs in the Media room, my wife and her friends downstairs in the living room.

49ers at 12:00 Pacific, good news a win makes the second game really exciting, bad news, a loss, so depressed, the second game hard to watch if at all.
I am a veteran of 49er Playoff Football, so I will remain focused and calm, not drunk and stupid.
Me and my friend Jimmy upstairs in the Media room, my wife and her friends downstairs in the living room.
Some advice.... If by some chance the 49ers fall behind early, I would reserve the right to get drunk and stupid. :LOL:

As of this morning, the line had switched back to the Chiefs favored by 1-1/2. We've seen lines move before, but I don't believe I've ever seen an instance where the favorite changes back and forth like this. It should (had better) be one hell of a game.
I heard that yesterday also. It is surprising.... I doubt anyone other than KC medical & some team officials know or will know at game time just what Mahomes true condition is. He'll say something like 'I'm good to go!'
If Mahomes is ineffective, I wonder if Andy Reid would go to Chad Henne, the KC backup QB? He looked good on that drive they brought him in for against the Jags.
Hopefully, Both games will be good.
I think the 4 best teams are still alive & playing.

My .02
Patrick will be good to go. Will it be healed and 100 percent ? No
But it will be stabilized and taped - will be acceptable - and he will play with a mission

Its going to be a great game. My earlier prediction is last team to have the ball wins. That will be Cincinatti

The sure-fire solution to all of your stress is to become a Jets or Lions fan. Jet fans have not had to deal with this kind of stress for 12 years and counting.

Now wait a minute. The Lions went to the playoffs in 2011, 2014 and 2016. The last time the Jets made the playoffs was in 2010.
Yes, & before 2011 the Lions also made the playoffs in 1999, 1997, 1995, 1994,1993. But the Lions lost every year right out of the gate! I do know what you are getting at.
Losing every year is a big disappointment. So quit whining cbmmm3😒lol....
The teams with Barry Sanders were very competitive. Detroit is back now.I heard someone say the other day that the Lions will win the division next year. I can see it happening.
......then you are truly going to be nervous my friend!

.....Now take the Jets......sadly, what are they recently pretty much known for???? The Butt - Fumble!!!😂
But not next year when they have Rodgers @ QB!

Last edited:
Hard to believe we are hosting yet another AFC Championship game here in KC. There are many people in many cities focused on the two games tomorrow. But for the four cities directly involved the anticipation is revving up towards red line.

The media hype around here is inescapable. News, commercials, merch, talk shows that aren't even about sports are now talking sports. And don't forget
KC Potato Girl.

As mentioned earlier part of what makes this so crazy is the question of Mahomes quality on the field. Of course we have lost to the Bengals before even with Patrick at 100%, so you know... At a recent media meet Mahomes was at the podium and someone videoed & zoomed in on just his feet for a few minutes just to see how he was/wasn't standing. And now Kelce is listed as questionable for tomorrow. Maybe it's just a psych out. Imagine what it might do to the Visitors mind set if nether Mahomes or Kelce played????

So amongst all of this I felt like I needed some football detox. At least a bit of a break from all this football FOMO. Until tomorrow. I found the (almost) perfect escape in a film you may have heard of, Slap Shot. Released in 1977 it did ok not great at the BO. Maybe others were more interested in the Skywalker's than the Hanson Brothers. But where ever you read about it is uniformly is called a "beloved cult classic." I'm good with that as most of my fave films fall into that category. It's been 20+ years since I've seen this & having watched it again last night, it is even better than I remember it. Such good fun I might even watch it again tonight. The football respite wasn't quite complete as I had totally forgotten the hockey team in questions is named the Chiefs! o_O

For those that haven't seen it, here's a clip to encourage you to watch it. For those that have seen it, here's a clip to encourage you to watch it again!

I watched it on VUDU but I'm sure it's available elsewhere.

:ROFLMAO:

Back