The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, we are down to the last game and the last 2 teams. Gametime is 13 days from now. Ill go Philly for the win. 27-17
I agree with you that Philly should win. But...if Mahomes high ankle sprain miraculously heals, watch out. If he has 100% mobility, he can make the best defenses look lost. (He didn't in the Super Bowl against Tampa as the Bucs defense was amazing that day.)

Geez, the poor Niners were a star crossed team this season. Right down to the 4th string QB and even he gets hurt. If the Niners had shown up with the '85 Bears defense, Brady in his prime at QB, Jerry Rice, etc, they still would have lost. Just one of those days where no matter what they did and how hard they tried things were going to go sideways.

The Chiefs defense suffers huge coverage lapses and their tackling is often sloppy.

Of course, I should also note that the Eagles D got sloppy at times too. They really laid an egg on this play. Some of the worst tackling at the worst possible moment I've seen:

I would very much like to experience trying to tackle McCaffrey. He can participate in his normal football gear. I will be inside one of those M1 Abrams tanks that have been in the news recently. I may still need medical personnel on hand to assist me afterwards.

I agree with you that Philly should win. But...if Mahomes high ankle sprain miraculously heals, watch out. If he has 100% mobility, he can make the best defenses look lost. (He didn't in the Super Bowl against Tampa as the Bucs defense was amazing that day.)

Geez, the poor Niners were a star crossed team this season. Right down to the 4th string QB and even he gets hurt. If the Niners had shown up with the '85 Bears defense, Brady in his prime at QB, Jerry Rice, etc, they still would have lost. Just one of those days where no matter what they did and how hard they tried things were going to go sideways.
Tampa beat KC in the SB because KC’s starting offense line was on the IR. Even Mahomes, freak of nature that he is, still needs an o-line.

Well, what can I say?
Congrats to the two winning teams, the best teams in the moment won.

I could write a book on the drama of Eagles/Niners.
Johnson 4th string, horrible, hope I never see him again.
The first quarter we lose our 12 game win streak. Warner jams his shoulder, that's when I could feel it, Purdy doesn't even get started, Bosa on the sideline gashes his knee open by own player, penalties, referees, ugh, obviously wasn't meant to be.
In my mind it is like this, a full blown tank is running through the opposition, busting down everything and then hits a concrete bunker and just explodes, or like Vanishing Point where Kowalski is the hero of everybody, and then blows up at two bulldozers.
So I guess the Eagles are a concrete bunker and two bulldozers, hats off.
I think even casual fans wanted a better game than that disaster.

I actually watched all of the AFC game, great game, Mahomes is absolutely the best, true grit that kid has.
Of course I will watch the Super Bowl, I should be rooting for Philly, my wife is from Philly, her entire, my relatives, all live in Philly, just can't today, maybe in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the QQ Football thread, had a lot of fun this year.

For me, this has turned into Mahomes must win. GO Mahomes, RESPECT!

Cheers all!

mahomes.gif

For me, this has turned into Mahomes must win. GO Mahomes, RESPECT!

Cheers all!

mahomes.gif
Thanks John!
With 2 weeks to go, that's a long time in football to recoup & recover from injuries. Mahomes might have been hampered a bit but he's got no where to go except better by the big game.

And besides being a great QB he's got confidence but no arrogance as seen too often in other star players. He is committed to the local community. Besides the various philanthropic foundations many athletes have set up, he's also an investor/part owner of our KC Royals MLB. And his wife has invested her own money to do the same with KC Current, our women's soccer league. Oh, and Patrick has opened up two (with more to come) Whataburgers in the area. We are hoping he will stick around long term & be our next Len Dawson.

Much is being said about the next game being the Kelce Bowl. But they play different positions so I don't see it as such. If I were their parents my head would have exploded by now.

Frequently we turn the TV sound down & listen to the local commentators on the radio. Talk doesn't quite sync up but they present more stuff that local fan might be interested in. Now a fantasy just hit me... listening to Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP do a play by play for the Chiefs/Bengals game!

I heard Bills Mafia is throwing Brady a retirement party. They all wish it was 10 years ago, but hey? Rex Ryan coached both the Jets and Bills against Brady for almost 10 years. Ryan has played the most games against Brady, and I think he has the most wins and the most losses against him as well. That doesn't happen often.

Back