The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFC fans must stick together. :cool:

Yikes! See me change.
images

:LOL:

I don't even know what the Subway Series is but you make a perfectly valid point.

Even if you are a sports oriented person there needs to be personal connection to make it really interesting. Quite a few years ago I happened to be watching network national news with a friend & it was all about NBA this & that. I said out loud: who cares? Who gives a crap about NBA?. My friend, smarter than me said: well it's a big deal if you happen to live in a town with an NBA team. And so it is.

We don't have an NBA team around here but we do care about NCAA sports & KU, K State, and Mizzou keeps things interesting. Meanwhile I'm sure others couldn't care less.
But you have the Kansas City-Omaha Kings! Oh wait…

But you have the Kansas City-Omaha Kings! Oh wait…
Yeah, ummm, they moved to Sacramento, right? Probably @J. PUPSTER hangs out with them.

The KC area is certainly an avid sports town. Besides the obvious Chiefs & Royals we have professional men & women's soccer, Mavericks baseball, Kansas City Blues Rugby, hockey, and NASCAR.

But it can be a pretty fickle sports town too. Best example I can think of is the KC Comets indoor soccer. It started in the late 70's which was really fun cuz it was fast moving sports that was new to most of us here. And it was played inside! Warm & dry in winter. But the Comets came and went, we are on their third iteration been pretty stable since 2010.

There was talk of the NBA coming up with a couple of expansions teams & one might come here, but I have no idea what the current status on that is.

Which cities should get an NFL expansion team?

The largest city in Canada already has an NHL, MLB, and NBA team. Could an NFL team be in store? The city is accustomed to the gridiron. From 2008 to 2012, the Buffalo Bills played in Toronto for two preseason and six regular season games. The city is also home to the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.
An NFL expansion team in Toronto would make hometown rapper Drake very happy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35609307/aaron-rodgers-decide-future-darkness-retreathttps://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabi...7.1201566155.1675879952-1501371284.1675879948The 39-year-old will spend four days and nights isolated in a dark room. Food will be dropped via a slot in the door and the room has a toilet but wearing adult diapers is also an option
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
What a tool. Not that I have anything against someone doing such a ridiculous thing, it's the fact that he has to publicize it that makes him a tool.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35609307/aaron-rodgers-decide-future-darkness-retreathttps://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabi...7.1201566155.1675879952-1501371284.1675879948The 39-year-old will spend four days and nights isolated in a dark room. Food will be dropped via a slot in the door and the room has a toilet but wearing adult diapers is also an option
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄

Yes sir I read bout this yesterday. I read it again & pondered it a bit. I decided it reminded me of when my long gone girl friend Jann had to go St. Louis to "find herself."

Hey maybe he could try one of those sensory deprivation tanks & cut the time in half. Makes me wanna watch Altered States again.

Last edited:
I saw ESPN 30 for 30 this morning "The Bullies of Baltimore". Great show. Highly recommended.
Yeah, I watched it. What great memories for we Ravens fans. It seems so long ago. So much I had forgotten.
Of note was Billick (I believe) pointing out that there will never be as dominant a defense again because the game has changed so much since then. By today's standards, every other play would be a 15 yard personal foul. And pre-21st century, that was pretty much the norm across the league. Baltimore certainly didn't have a monopoly on playing rough, pounding defense.

Back