• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Historically ImportCDs only offers discounts (10%) once a year, around the winter holidays IIRC. DeepDiscount's coupons are more frequent. There's one now for 15% that you can find on their front page.
One thing to mention is that DeepDiscount's prices are often listed as higher than ImportCDs, though they seem to be part of the same parent company. So even with the DeepDiscount discount code, sometimes ImportCDs can be cheaper. (I usually check both when placing a large order.)

One thing to mention is that DeepDiscount's prices are often listed as higher than ImportCDs, though they seem to be part of the same parent company. So even with the DeepDiscount discount code, sometimes ImportCDs can be cheaper. (I usually check both when placing a large order.)
You are right! I had 3 of the same titles at both importcds & deep discount in my cart. Even with 15% off, deep discount was still a bit more. That is why I was hoping for a code for importcds.

Last edited:
You are right! I had 3 of the same titles at both importcds & deep discount in my cart. Even with 15% off, deep discount was still a bit more. That is why I was hoping for a code for importcds.
The important thing to note is that orders above a certain amount ($50, I think?) get free shipping from DeepDiscount, whereas ImportCDs always charges for shipping. That can make DeepDiscount cheaper overall.

Anybody know of a current discount codes for Importcds?
Thanks🙂
At one point, ImportCDs would give you a 10% off code if you signed up for their newsletter on the bottom left of their main webpage, but only if you had never done so before with that email address. I have signed up additional times with extra email addresses that I had, such as my Yahoo Mail address, to get the code, but then I think you have to create a new account at ImportCDs using that email address to place the order if you want the code to work. I'm a little fuzzy on this because I haven't done it in a long time, and I felt a little guilty about it since it's kind of cheating, and I want that company to continue to exist and not go out of business. And I'm not sure they still give the discount for new newsletter signups anyway, it doesn't say so by the signup form.

I hesitated to even post this since I'm not sure how things work now, but it might be worth a try for you. You can always unsubscribe later from the newsletter if you don't want to keep getting it.

*edit: changed 15% discount to 10%, after checking my notes.

Last edited:
Saved you $200 😉
$200 that wasn’t in this month’s budget, and it showed up on my latest credit card statement. 🤬

However, they showed up yesterday and they all appear to have survived shipping. Now, iin addition to being behind financiallly, I’m WAAAY behind on my listening/viewing. Not to memtion that I finally got my record collection (see avatar) out of its moving boxes, and there’s over 1,000 discs for me to re-listen.

It never rains. It pours.

Another DEEP DISCOUNT 15% off sale on IN STOCK ITEMS utilizing coupon code SHARKIE

coupon

LOL
Why do these discounts always appear just after I’ve blown my meager music stipend elsewhere
Don't feel bad Rang .... most of my desired discs are either out of stock or pre~orders and don't qualify for the discount. Seems DD runs these sales on the average of every other month unlike their sister company, ImportCD, which averages about twice a year and offers only 10% discounts [plus you have to pay s/h charges].

Don't feel bad Rang .... most of my desired discs are either out of stock or pre~orders and don't qualify for the discount. Seems DD runs these sales on the average of every other month unlike their sister company, ImportCD, which averages about twice a year and offers only 10% discounts [plus you have to pay s/h charges].
It looks like it’s the same company that owns popmarket. I wonder how many other companies are under this same umbrella.

It looks like it’s the same company that owns popmarket. I wonder how many other companies are under this same umbrella.
The umbrella is Alliance Entertainment, LLC. To the best of my knowledge, they outright own Deep Discount, ImportCDs, and PopMarket (who also sell via Discogs). They also handle orders for the Criterion Collection, though I doubt they own the entire Criterion business. Those are the ones I know.

Last edited:
DirectToU LLC is the parent company of several wholesale and direct-to-consumer distributors of music, video and software[1] including (but not limited to):

• Collector's Choice
  • DeepDiscount.com
  • CCVinyl[2]
  • PopMarket[3]
  • WOW HD (Formerly CD Wow!)
  • ImportCDs
DirectToU LLC is owned by Alliance Entertainment. Alliance Entertainment and its subsidiaries own 48%[4] of the global vinyl record distribution market.

Back