• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty tempting as The Who Sell Out was one of the first three rock albums I ever pruchesed. The other two being Frank Zappa & Blue Cheer.
Anyway your link takes me the SDE website showing the box set for $59. When I click on Grab a Deal it goes to Amazon & I see it selling for $100. Too much. What am I doing wrong?

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Sell-Out...06a6172d29947&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
Probably sold out of sale items, would be best guess

I missed out on the Who Sell out box deal too
I already have the single CD with extra tracks and the deluxe 2 cd version which I quite like. Even at $59 is there enough extra songs to make this worth getting? I dont care about extra jingles or alternate mixes missing an overdub or whatever. Or extra paper although if the book is a good read that would be a consideration.

I missed out on the Who Sell out box deal too
I already have the single CD with extra tracks and the deluxe 2 cd version which I quite like. Even at $59 is there enough extra songs to make this worth getting? I dont care about extra jingles or alternate mixes missing an overdub or whatever. Or extra paper although if the book is a good read that would be a consideration.
I hope I'm not going to far off-topic by mentioning that, since it's only stereo after all, I've been happily listening all 114 tracks, 5 hrs 41 min, streaming in lossless hi-res on Amazon Music for almost a year now.

I'm astounded at the number of super-deluxe editions that show up there, including the Van Der Graaf box.

I hope I'm not going to far off-topic by mentioning that, since it's only stereo after all, I've been happily listening all 114 tracks, 5 hrs 41 min, streaming in lossless hi-res on Amazon Music for almost a year now.

I'm astounded at the number of super-deluxe editions that show up there, including the Van Der Graaf box.
Amazon Music has alway had the BEST selection of SDE box sets but the quality of sound could be better IMHO

PS: if they give me a free trial run of their hi-rez lossless I’d give it a shot but no multi-channel right?

Amazon Music has alway had the BEST selection of SDE box sets...
Correct.
Another thing to remember is the vast majority of tracks in SDE boxes, even with a surround disc, have only ever been in stereo.

but the quality of sound could be better IMHO

When did you last listen? And what were you listening on??
Are you aware they did away with the two-tier standard and high resolution model?
Everything is high-res now, a minimum of CD quality FLAC sources.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 5.55.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 5.57.45 PM.png

PS: if they give me a free trial run of their hi-rez lossless I’d give it a shot

There are free trial offers all the time, I bet a smart guy like you could find one without it being spoon-fed to you.
At the worst it's $9.99 a month to check it out with no commitment. Sheesh.
Let me get Bezos on the phone and see what he can do for you. 🤪

no multi-channel right?

Not from HDMI to a real home theater AVR, only those damn Echo speakers.

But, through headphones there are both Sony 360 reality and Atmos headphone mixes available.
While not perfect, some of them are impressive.
My demo track is Santana Black Magic Woman in 360.

Good for any time I can't be in the sweet spot.
Late night while a partner is sleeping, bicycling, vacuuming, whatever...

A lot of vintage quad not available in any other format.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 6.46.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 6.42.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 6.42.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 6.39.17 PM.png

OK, I answered your questions.
I know you'll come back with four more and six or seven whatabouts. :rolleyes:
You do you,brah.
Nothing personal, but I can't play any more whack-a-mole with you for a while.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 5.55.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 5.55.47 PM.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 26
Correct.
Another thing to remember is the vast majority of tracks in SDE boxes, even with a surround disc, have only ever been in stereo.

When did you last listen? And what were you listening on??
Are you aware they did away with the two-tier standard and high resolution model?
Everything is high-res now, a minimum of CD quality FLAC sources.

View attachment 76076

View attachment 76075

There are free trial offers all the time, I bet a smart guy like you could find one without it being spoon-fed to you.
At the worst it's $9.99 a month to check it out with no commitment. Sheesh.
Let me get Bezos on the phone and see what he can do for you. 🤪

Not from HDMI to a real home theater AVR, only those damn Echo speakers.

But, through headphones there are both Sony 360 reality and Atmos headphone mixes available.
While not perfect, some of them are impressive.
My demo track is Santana Black Magic Woman in 360.

Good for any time I can't be in the sweet spot.
Late night while a partner is sleeping, bicycling, vacuuming, whatever...

A lot of vintage quad not available in any other format.

View attachment 76080

View attachment 76078

View attachment 76079

View attachment 76081

OK, I answered your questions.
I know you'll come back with four more and six or seven whatabouts. :rolleyes:
You do you,brah.
Nothing personal, but I can't play any more whack-a-mole with you for a while.
Thanks for all that info BRO….I’ll check it out, been a while since I subscribed to AM but got it free with my Amazon Prime account at the time….Really I’m not a mean or argumentative person, just OPINIONATED, but am also open minded enough to see both sides even though I might disagree….all for fun and to make people think😂😂😂

This is pretty tempting as The Who Sell Out was one of the first three rock albums I ever pruchesed. The other two being Frank Zappa & Blue Cheer.
Anyway your link takes me the SDE website showing the box set for $59. When I click on Grab a Deal it goes to Amazon & I see it selling for $100. Too much. What am I doing wrong?

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Sell-Out...06a6172d29947&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Price went up already - just checked myself - yep up to 100 now :confused:

Price went up already - just checked myself - yep up to 100 now :confused:
I guess I could always get out my original purchase scratchophinc recording. I had a friend that believed all Bob Dylan records needed to be broken in. The appropriate amount of hiss, ticks, n pops. Maybe that works for The Who.

At any rate thanks to all the sharp eyed posters on this thread. I love ya my enablers.

I guess I could always get out my original purchase scratchophinc recording. I had a friend that believed all Bob Dylan records needed to be broken in. The appropriate amount of hiss, ticks, n pops. Maybe that works for The Who.

At any rate thanks to all the sharp eyed posters on this thread. I love ya my enablers.

NAY, SW, just interconnect cables, power cords, speakers and most importantly, OLD GEEZERS WITH BAD KNEES!

Thanks for all that info BRO….I’ll check it out, been a while since I subscribed to AM but got it free with my Amazon Prime account at the time….Really I’m not a mean or argumentative person, just OPINIONATED, but am also open minded enough to see both sides even though I might disagree….all for fun and to make people think😂😂😂
Unfortunately, Amazon Music free with a Prime account is only one million songs and still mp3 quality.

Unfortunately, Amazon Music free with a Prime account is only one million songs and still mp3 quality.

Thanks for the clarification.
That certainly explains the sound quality complaint. 😳

I was referring of course to Amazon Music Unlimited, 75 million songs in hi-res.
Prime members get a two-dollar discount off the $9.99 monthly charge.

My Super Deluxe Edition playlists include Beach Boys Feel Flows, John Coltrane On Impulse, Lee Morgan Complete Live at the Lighthouse, all the Beatles and their solo stuff, most of the Dylan expanded Bootleg series, etc, etc, etc...

Seem to have a much deeper catalog than Apple right now for the stuff I'm interested in.
All of which I play in DPLII surround with appropriate bass enhancement when in the sweet spot.

The 360 headphone mixes of obscure quads like Redbone are fun to hear when out and about.
I get a lot of bang for my eight bucks a month.
YMMV

Last edited:
Picked up 2 copies one for a friend and the dude at Amazon I was talking to said he HIGHLY RECOMMENDED it. He paid full price for it when it first came out, said you’ll be amazed😁

I’ve listened to it on Apple Music and highly JAZZ FUSION…love it.

And the original AmazonUK list price was £150 [$204 US + s/h] ..........so, an incredulous deal @ 38 bucks!

Back