• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there is the Deluxe version of Madman coming, :unsure: does that imply an EJ one as well?

My gut tells me no. Madman is a 50th Anniversary reissue. My guess is that they will just keep pushing on with more 50th Anniversary sets of the classic albums. Also, Elton John & Tumbleweed Connection had expanded 2 CD editions released a few years back. My fingers are crossed that this is the start of a series and that we will eventually (and finally) get to hear Greg Penny's unreleased 5.1 mixes of Don't Shoot Me, Caribou, Rock of the Westies and Blue Moves.

The Jazz Ambassadors & Sammy Nestico: The Sammy Sessions (BDA, Atmos & 5.1 mixes by Jim Anderson). On sale at jpc.de for EUR 29.99--which comes down to a little over EUR 25 after VAT is removed. Great price for this big band record--the cheapest I've seen it elsewhere is $48--and the Euro to USD exchange rate these days is almost 1:1. JPC's shipping to the US is nominal.
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/jazz/detail/-/art/jazz-ambassadors-sammy-sessions/hnum/8780495

The Jazz Ambassadors & Sammy Nestico: The Sammy Sessions (BDA, Atmos & 5.1 mixes by Jim Anderson). On sale at jpc.de for EUR 29.99--which comes down to a little over EUR 25 after VAT is removed. Great price for this big band record--the cheapest I've seen it elsewhere is $48--and the Euro to USD exchange rate these days is almost 1:1. JPC's shipping to the US is nominal.
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/jazz/detail/-/art/jazz-ambassadors-sammy-sessions/hnum/8780495
Got a copy last month. Enjoyed it very much! Nice mix!

Robert Fripp Exposures from importcds now down to $169.67.
https://www.importcds.com/exposures/633367197924

Well that's frustrating. I pre-ordered from them for $203. They haven't shipped yet as they have a release date of June 10. But of course they don't have price protection like Amazon does. And we know that their customer service is crap. Is it worth trying to get them to give me the discounted price? If I cancel the original order, will I have problems? Why do birds suddenly appear.....

Geez…..don’t tempt me, I’ve been so good at resisting good deals lately.

I have to say that anyone who passes this up has definitely got a case of "the jinx in the third degree."
I'm weary of folks who claim the material or the mix is weak.

These guys basically invented the entire genre of Americana 50 years ago.
(Made Clapton break up Cream & run off with Delaney & Bonnie.)
Gave it to Bob Clearmountain to mix in Atmos & 5.1.

Whining that nothing good is coming out on physical media in Atmos lossless, or no 5.1 for the people without Atmos.
Box sets are too expensive when they only want the blu ray.

You have all run out of excuses, snooze and you lose.

If only I liked Matthew Sweet. He sounds like a bad rehash of the 80’s.
I wasn't nuts about Matthew Sweet's 80s albums but love the Girlfriend-Altered Beast-100% Fun trilogy that Intervention released. If anything, I'd say they're more 60s and 70s influenced than 80s. There were a lot of fantastic collaborators on the albums including Robert Quine, Nicky Hopkins, Jody Stephens and Richard Lloyd. They are albums that need a few listens to absorb and appreciate but the payoff was huge for me. Shane did an amazing job with these releases with great mastering and bonus tracks on three of the four of them.

I've bought but haven't gotten to the Murray Head album yet but I've heard nothing but praise for both the material and sound quality. These are all a steal at $15!

I wasn't nuts about Matthew Sweet's 80s albums but love the Girlfriend-Altered Beast-100% Fun trilogy that Intervention released. If anything, I'd say they're more 60s and 70s influenced than 80s. There were a lot of fantastic collaborators on the albums including Robert Quine, Nicky Hopkins, Jody Stephens and Richard Lloyd. They are albums that need a few listens to absorb and appreciate but the payoff was huge for me. Shane did an amazing job with these releases with great mastering and bonus tracks on three of the four of them.

I've bought but haven't gotten to the Murray Head album yet but I've heard nothing but praise for both the material and sound quality. These are all a steal at $15!

Couldn't agree more! I have ALL the Matthew Sweet IR Stereo SACDs and love them all and just added Murray Head's NIGEL LIVED SACD to my collection. Ironically, Murray Head is an accomplished actor, as well, appearing in SUNDAY, BLOODY SUNDAY as the love interest of both Peter Finch and Glenda Jackson in this oscar nominated 1971 film. Head is also known for his international hit ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK.

R.1d82ec9c150d2adc7fab40e0e564c05a

Peter Finch, Glenda Jackson and Murray Head

Last edited:
Back