The Pineapple Thief - Give It Back (5.1 / Dolby Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with Bruce at the meet & greet in NYC. He has already mixed the first six TPT albums into surround and atmos. He said they plan to release stand alone blu-rays and hinted at a huge release

B24B4807-CD70-4339-85D5-630924B7C504.jpeg

Last edited:
I spoke with Bruce at the meet & greet in NYC. He has already mixed the first six TPT albums into surround and atmos. He said they plan to release stand alone blu-rays and hinted at a huge release
Since the cat’s out of the bag, I guess I can say that I play tested in-progress 5.1’s of said albums (Abducted, 137, Variations, Ten Stories, and Little Man) for Bruce some months ago and they sound amazing. “Remember Us” and “We Love You” are demo-worthy.

View attachment 78565
awesome news! though im more fond of the in the middle albums that havent been released in surround yet..

Someone here is missing, All the Wars, Magnolia

Hopefully he's just going chronological.

awesome news! though im more fond of the in the middle albums that havent been released in surround yet..

Someone here is missing, All the Wars, Magnolia

Hopefully he's just going chronological.
Before saying that the first six albums were done, he said remixing the entire back catalog into surround was underway.

I was afraid that the remixes of the original albums might be shelved with the release of the remakes, so it is outstanding to hear that the long-rumored surround versions will see the light of day!

Any talk in the meet-and-greet about future solo Bruce recordings?

Just for fun, I tried to compare the tracks from Give It Back (in streaming, I don't have the disc yet) and Uncovering The Tracks (vinyl only release) and although similar, they don't appear to be the same recordings. Shoot First is the most different between the two and the background is a little different in 137. I don't have the patience to do an in-depth comparison though.

Back