The Pineapple Thief, North American Tour 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal1950

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
TPT.png

Got the email today, Pineapple Thief is set to begin their North American tour on April 29, 2022 right here in Orlando Fl. I'll be the first in line for tickets. Here's hoping the PITA virus will not interfere with their plans.
Europe, etc starts this Oct 5th in Dublin Ireland, enjoy folks and give us some reviews
https://bnds.us/ne6a16

I'll see them before you guys :) at the new venue (as the SWX, Bristol burned down as its refurb was being finished!)
05/11/21 Friday @ 6:30pm, Pineapple Thief @ O2 Academy, Bristol

Last edited:
Would love to see them. Phoenix or Boulder may work for me. I'm a little unsure about booking so far in advance right now not knowing what restrictions may apply.

Got my tickets for the Dallas show. Curious venue, as it's an outdoor gig with mostly GA. Venue hosts a lot of metal acts and tribute bands, like a lot of venues these days. Pro setup, though, stage sits high but there shouldn't be a bad spot there. Balcony will have a really good view.

Attended the show last night (Sunday, May 1) at Center Stage in Atlanta, GA.

Sadly the turnout was really light. Capacity is just over a thousand but they pulled the curtains out to mask off the top rows and there were plenty of seats on sides. The chairs on the floor were mostly occupied but not 100%. I would say they only drew about 400 max.

Maybe it had something to do with Cruise to the Edge setting sail today down in Florida.

Not to mention the two major, national act festivals taking place in the Atlanta (Shaky Knees & Sweetwater 420), and a couple of other weekend amphitheater concerts (Van Morrison).

It was a good show but I think the band and Bruce were struggling with the lack of turnout and the tendency of the crowd to remain seated until the last few numbers.

Good sound (maybe a little bit too heavy on the low end) and a modest but effective light show.
The set list pretty much mimicked the one used on the European leg. Pretty much a static set when comparing shows on Setlist FM.

The band was tight but Gavin Harrison is really the stand out. That guy is a monster and he barely looks like he is breaking a sweat.

Merch was reasonably priced at $25 for shirts (several designs) & a slouch baseball cap, $35 for a long sleeve - light weather pullover, some vinyl & CDs. They had the standard edition of the upcoming release but not the Blu-ray. There was also a North American special edition tour CD but I true diehard told me he thinks the content will also be on the Blu-ray.

As a comical aside. The venue itself has three stages and a boy named Ricky Montgomery was also performing that night. I have no idea who he is but evidently 650 mostly adoring teenage girls (including my daughter & friend) gave Ricky a sell out at the smaller club venue. The que lines were side by side and it looked like parents (or grandparents) were taking the kiddies to a show.

All in all, a decent night out supporting the music of the old guard and new.

I would say they only drew about 400 max.
I wasn't able to make the show in Orlando last Friday though I badly wanted to.
I was keeping an eye on the tickets and there were plenty available right up to show time. :(
I was surprised to see the lack of demand for them here, I thought they would be a sell out.
Hope at some time the concert will turn into a blu ray so I can see it then, but I do have
Versions Of The Truth BD and it is really excellent

Good sound (maybe a little bit too heavy on the low end) and a modest but effective light show.
The set list pretty much mimicked the one used on the European leg. Pretty much a static set when comparing shows on Setlist FM.

This is my primary complaint for every show I've seen in the last 20 years. Just way too much fart frequency.

I just got back from seeing them at the City Winery in DC and pretty much agree with @splinter7's thoughts above. They did a solid job keeping the energy level high despite it being a seated venue (though it looked nearly sold-out). Even after hearing the studio recording and various live recordings dozens of times, it's pretty thrilling watching Gavin Harrison play "White Mist" right in front of your eyes.

TPT Live DC 5-4.jpg

I just got back from seeing them at the City Winery in DC and pretty much agree with @splinter7's thoughts above. They did a solid job keeping the energy level high despite it being a seated venue (though it looked nearly sold-out). Even after hearing the studio recording and various live recordings dozens of times, it's pretty thrilling watching Gavin Harrison play "White Mist" right in front of your eyes.

View attachment 78551
When I saw them in Bristol late last year Gavin Harrison was stuck on the right-hand side of the small stage (so actually easier to see from where I was standing), they were excellent.

Back