The Pineapple Thief - Nothing But The Truth (Dolby Atmos/5.1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ever go to those "Rock Superbowls" at the old Tangerine bowl/field whatever it was called in Orlando? I went to a bunch of them.
Was living in Lakeland in those days so just a hop, skip and jump to Orlando on I4.
Not here, I was still living in Chicago until I retired.
But I did see some of those really big Rock Superbowls up there.
I'll never forget the Superbowl of Rock at Soldiers Field , June 1977.
Climax Blues Band, J Geils band, Foghat, ELP
100 degree day, no assigned seating and unlimited tickets sold.
People where mashed together on bleachers, sitting elbow to elbow on the stairways, just a sea of people everywhere. It would take 20 minutes to get to a bathroom and back, stepping over, around, and on all the people. LOL
But what a party we had, stoned on our asses, the bands jammed all day and night. Last up was Emerson Lake and Palmer, with Keith Emerson doing the floating and spinning piano bit.
An incredible day.

Not here, I was still living in Chicago until I retired.
But I did see some of those really big Rock Superbowls up there.
I'll never forget the Superbowl of Rock at Soldiers Field , June 1977.
Climax Blues Band, J Geils band, Foghat, ELP
100 degree day, no assigned seating and unlimited tickets sold.
People where mashed together on bleachers, sitting elbow to elbow on the stairways, just a sea of people everywhere. It would take 20 minutes to get to a bathroom and back, stepping over, around, and on all the people. LOL
But what a party we had, stoned on our asses, the bands jammed all day and night. Last up was Emerson Lake and Palmer, with Keith Emerson doing the floating and spinning piano bit.
An incredible day.
Oh yeah, the heat. Same at the T bowl, festival seating, stand in line at bathroom. But I saw every9ne from Pablo Cruz to UFO, Bob Seger last act several times, just can't remember them all now. I saw Zeppelin at Tampa stadium, played 3 songs, started raining, they hauled ass to their jet and flew off unknown to anyone while we waited for hours. Finally people pushed the little barricade in front of stage down and the riot cops came in with sticks and shotguns. Me and my bud were leaving as they assembled on the perimeter and went in for some good old fashioned ass kicking we narrowly avoided. By the time we hit I4 back to Lakeland radio said cops were roughing people up pretty good that was on the field.
Ah the good old days. lol.

"As Atmos is already supported by Apple Music, Tidal and Amazon Music, you no longer need a dedicated listening room to enjoy immersive music, you can use your headphones. That's the real game changer for me. Although obviously a dedicated listening room is still a great way to do it."

Erm, does everyone else here agree with Bruce that Atmos via headphones is a "game changer"? For whom?

For me, "obviously a dedicated listening room is still the only way to do it" would be more accurate. :)

Okay, not literally the only way, and I'm sure you can "enjoy immersive music" using your headphones but appreciating what the immersive mix is? I don't think so. I've never heard surround on headphones when my eyes are closed sounding like surround does in my multichannel room - it always needs a visual or text clue to fool your brain into hearing accurate directionality.

Plus, I'd rather have TrueHD/Atmos than DD+/Atmos.

Last edited:
For me, "obviously a dedicated listening room is still the only way to do it" would be more accurate. :)

Also for me.

But I also expect that an increasing "popularity" for the masses of Atmos using headphones would make an increase of Atmos mixes released for the Home Theater listening room.

Back