The Postman 1997, films that shouldn't be forgotten

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongojr

I just watched this EPIC film again last night cause it just saw it on my shelf of 1000 movies. So good. Then I thought about my USPS packages on Ebay all messed up over the past few months, sometimes with no tracking scans at all. Then I learned, from my brother who has a PHD, that the politicians have been trying to dismantle the one agency that was most reliable.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

I have been in logistics for 20 years shipping and receiving. I constantly amazed at how multiple packages can be shipped Next Day and not arrive the same day. That being said, UPS and Fedex damage packages all the time. It was the United States Postal Service that was most reliable with delivery, care and tracking. I only hope they get more respect from our government cause I have supported to everyone.

PS: If you haven't seen it, Staring and Directed by Kevin Costner. You should. Be prepared ... it is almost 3 hours long. Enjoy feeling better about the American spirit after a long ride.

2020-10-10 11.12.58.jpg
2020-10-10 11.13.16.jpg

This movie got killed in the reviews and (I think) at the box office, but I remember watching it once and thinking to myself that it wasn't that bad. Isn't this the movie with the dude named "Ford/Lincoln Mercury"?

I think I will watch it again, although I seem to recall it was pretty long.

I still haven't watched this movie, but I've heard of it, and I couldn't find it on the internet. Eventually, I found it on the platform, and I'm willing to watch it, but I'd still like to watch movies of this kind. I am passionate about such films, and I want to sit for hours in front of the TV watching such films. I think that older movies are much more successful than films that have appeared in recent years because the acting is much more pleasant than the theme of the movie is easier to understand. In addition, the classic image makes the film artistically perfect. If anyone has any movie ideas, I would really appreciate it to respond to the comment.

The book was pretty too found it at the library in the mid-80s while the kids were doing their homework there being a postal employee it caught my eye.

For belly laughs: Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Drama: The Great Escape. Human Spirit: The Last Samurai. Christmas: Prancer. Love: A Little Romance. Law: The Rainmaker. Sports: Victory. Creepy: Exorcist III. Feeling Young: Tom Sawyer 1973.

I hope this helps depending on your mood.

I remember reading the Postman. I don't think I ever saw the film but will look for it.

I have a BD of Mad Mad World which has been one of my great favs ever since I saw it at the Martin Cinerama (iirc). My wife makes me wear headphones because she can't listen to Ethel Merman screaming. A comedy classic!!

And the Great Escape. One of the best WWII. "I guess YOU will see Berlin before I do."

It's really great we can have all this stuff at our houses if we want.

If you don't mind subtitles, Seven Samurai, Red Cliff, Sanjuro, Yojimbo, Le Silence De La Mere, The Burmese Harp, Gomorrah among so many others are particularly worth watching.
I recommend the first four. I've not seen the others.

I like books & reading. I like movies. Movies with subtitles are lucky best combo!

Sword of Doom, Samurai Gold Seekers, Zatoichi movies, Samurai Spy, The Hidden Fortress and Madadayo (Not Yet).

The problem with subtitles is that if you fall asleep you can't follow at all. :LOL: :cool::cool:

Speaking of not following, I don't follow why we have a growing thread about movies under: Music Matters > Non-Surround???

No one's said anything about the music in these movies. Or am I not following again?

Speaking of not following, I don't follow why we have a growing thread about movies under: Music Matters > Non-Surround???

No one's said anything about the music in these movies. Or am I not following again?

I moved it here earlier today, because we don’t have a movie section. I’ll move it again, if there’s a better idea no problem.

Edit:
We already have a Beer section, Pet section, a BBQ section, I don’t know, a movie section? Might be okay if we don’t go crazy with too much off topic nonsense. What we really need is more DV Quad titles to buy.

I moved it here earlier today, because we don’t have a movie section. I’ll move it again, if there’s a better idea no problem.
Yup your right, we don't have distinct movie only section. Probably shoulda been done long ago. I searched & found about 2 pages of QQ threads about movies/films in the titles but most of them are specialized; holiday movies, movies in quad, etc. The two most active are:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/mono-movies-post-here.30070/
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/films-almost-entirely-surround.21864/
Now I follow you. I'm finding this thread pretty interesting so as long as I can keep track of it I don't care where it goes.

Watched this 1979 Kino Lorber remastered BD~V last night which over the years has attained cult status based on the novel of the same name by author Richard Price about growing up in the Bronx in the early 60's. With a great soundtrack and also including an extended cut of the film, a real trip down memory lane!

R42d78a9f8ea51ae9e318d15cfa8abd90

Back