The Postman 1997, films that shouldn't be forgotten

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardly a FORGOTTEN FILM but for its 50th Anniversary edition, SONY has released what is, IMO, a SPECTACULAR UPGRADE even over the previous Criterion Films BD~V remaster.

R71751a1f202686c8cba51c1ca33627ef

Last edited:
Yes, The Swimmer is an interesting movie. I won’t give anything away, but the movie fools you in a good way into thinking it’s about one thing, but you get important bits of the story as it goes along until the climax at the end. Definitely a movie that over time should gain more respect and awareness.

Yes, The Swimmer is an interesting movie. I won’t give anything away, but the movie fools you into thinking it’s about one thing, but you get important bits of the story as it goes along until the climax at the end. Definitely a movie that over time should gain more respect and awareness.

And it was filmed in Jon Urban's Nutmeg State of Connecticut. Perry was an interesting drector: David and Lisa, Last Summer, Diary of a Mad Housewife and of course the trenchant Mommie Dearest.

And it was filmed in Jon Urban's Nutmeg State of Connecticut. Perry was an interesting drector: David and Lisa, Last Summer, Diary of a Mad Housewife and of course the trenchant Mommie Dearest.

I wasn’t aware that he made all those movies. You certainly don’t forget them. I saw “Diary of a Mad Housewife,” which was popular at the time in a movie theater.

I wasn’t aware that he made all those movies. You certainly don’t forget them. I saw “Diary of a Mad Housewife,” which was popular at the time in a movie theater.

Diary was just released by Kino Lorber on BD~V. Still a fascinating film. One of Perry's earliest films co~scripted with his then wife, Eleanor Perry, was 1963's Ladybug, Ladybug which dealt with nuclear paranoia after 1962's Cuban Missile crisis. Also recently released by Kino Lorber on BD~V

Ladybug Ladybug

Last edited:
Tim Burton's highly relatable BIG FISH has just been released by SONY Pictures in Native UHD4K. Sporting a remarkable cast and another splendid Danny Elfman score [now in Dolby Atmos] this FISH TALE comes VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Big Fish (4K Ultra HD)

To bring it back around to audio, the upcoming Criterion BR of Human Condition contains the following: High-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural (Parts 1–4) and 4.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio (Parts 5 and 6) soundtracks

I was able to find The Postman on DVD but not BluRay. I think I will settle for the DVD.

I liked Big Fish pretty well too.

A Cult Classic if ever there was one. A most intriguing premise made even more intriguing by a sparkling new Native UHD4K transfer with a new Dolby Atmos soundtrack!

4k buy more save more
The Final Countdown

The time is now. The place is aboard the U.S.S. Nimitz, America's mightiest nuclear-powered aircraft carrier on maneuvers in the Pacific Ocean. Suddenly, a freak electrical storm engulfs the ship and triggers the impossible: The Nimitz is hurtled back in time to December 6, 1941, mere hours before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. As the enemy fleet speeds towards Hawaii, the warship's Captain (Kirk Douglas), a Defense Department expert (Martin Sheen), a maverick Air Wing Commander (James Farentino) and a desperate Senator in the Roosevelt administration (Charles Durning) must choose between the unthinkable. Do they allow the Japanese to complete their murderous invasion, or launch a massive counterstrike that will forever change the course of history?

Katharine Ross and Ron O'Neal co-star in this spellbinding sci-fi action hit filmed on location aboard the U.S.S. Nimitz with the full participation of the U.S. Navy and the ship's crew. Now Blue Underground is proud to present THE FINAL COUNTDOWN in a stunning new restoration, scanned in 4K 16-bit from the original 35mm camera negative, with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos audio, for the ultimate in explosive home theater excitement!

Back