• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

The QQ pet & critters thread...

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
We have a thread for who we are, what beer we like, what wine we like, what we're grilling....the beer one just got slightly derailed with pics of pet cats so I guess we need a thread for our pets as we all adore them so much.

So...post your pics here....the dogs, the cats....fish, ferrets, birds, rodents, horses, skunks...whatever you got and want to share, old and new, all welcome here.

Our current two cats....Ziggy Starcat (back) & Zowie Starcat (fore)

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Introducing the original, Quadraphonic kitty: Ivan. Ivan was my Korat. Fairly rare breed, I completely lucked out getting him. He was a reject from a cattery that, thankfully, rather than doing the unthinkable, let their substandard kittens out to adoption centers. I first encountered him when it was he and his brother on display. They told me he was a Russian Blue, but Russian Blues don't have copper eyes as kittens. But I digress. I initially wanted his brother, Duke. I mean, who wouldn't want a kitty named "The Duke"?
Long story short, I went back on Friday and Duke had been adopted. But before he left, he and Ivan got into a big scrap. I took one look at Ivan, and my heart melted. Here was this poor kitten, in a box, his ear all scabbed up from the tattoo, his nose, forehead and other ear scabbed up from the fight, and like most kittens, had the trots something fierce.

I said to the adoption lady "He's a loser, just like me! We're perfect for eachother!!" And we were! He became the best cat ever.

100_0721.jpg

He even loved going for car rides! Now, how many cats ENJOY car rides? I can safely say I've only known ONE. When I'd drive home to visit my mother, he'd plop down on the passenger seat of my Tiburon and just chill. The seat warmer may have helped. Who's to say? Anyway, more often than not, if a car was left open, he'd call shotgun and expect a ride!

ivan-in-grem2.JPG

Sadly, we're not sure what happened to him. 2013 was a f*****g terrible year. They say Korats bring good luck. Well, Ivan must've staved off the bad luck I seem to encounter.
Because in 2013, Ivan disappeared in May. In June, we lost my last Uncle. In August, my Tiburon lunched it's engine and in December, my mom broke her ankle.

After Ivan's disappearance, we adopted another from the SPCA. Her name is Riley. She's the 1 in 5 orange, female cats. We thought we were adopting another male as most orange cats are male. "His" neutering was scheduled, took "him" in only to discover (much to the vets' surprise) the wrong equipment. Had to reschedule for a spaying.
She's damned lucky she's so cute, fluffy and loveable. Otherwise, she's as dumb as a post. Can't jump for SHIT. Loud noises spook the hell out of her. Her own shadow scares her.
Definitely a downgrade from Ivan. Oh, the stories I could tell about him. My mother does not like cats, or animals in general. But even she liked Ivan and even today, gets a little misty-eyed when we talk about him. I'm sure everyone has that one, magical pet and Ivan was for sure mine.

January, 2014 001.JPG

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
This is Sammy, full name Samiah Sandwich McScruff (no, I did not name her):

16-01-08 Sammy QQ.jpg

She is usually parked somewhere between LF & LR - she moves back and forth on a couch - not sure if she is testing the mix or just getting comfortable... The image is a little soft, but then so is she!

By the by, here is an old thread about posting images on QQ. Steely Dave said it is not necessary, but Jon said you can control your resolution better using the method described. Enjoy!